Fieldcraft Course

Mike
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Re: Fieldcraft Course

Post by Mike »

"Scout Redoubt"
Semper Paratus, Semper Discens, Semper Fidelis,

Mike
Owner, Von Steuben Training and Consulting (VSTAC)
https://vs-training.com/

"Schweiß spart blut"
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Badlands Rifleman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:23 am For sure, I think that’s how 3 gun got started too. We could call it the “Scout Rendezvous” or something cool like that.
Hell yes. I like this.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

LivingOnTheFault

Post by LivingOnTheFault »

Bad Lands Minecraft was funny last night.
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Post by Badlands Rifleman »

Lol yeah, we can’t take ourselves too serious, especially if you’re drinking PBR. Thanks for being on last night, such a cool group of guys in this community.
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
LivingOnTheFault

Post by LivingOnTheFault »

I think its helping people. People working for large corporations hear "Wokeness" all day, and some DEI stuff. We are still working remote which I am fine with. I do "IT" for a living so luckily I am left alone. Its good to hear other "mostly" sane people laugh and discuss world events, and problems. I got severe health issues so it encourages me to fight on, and have hope. Church is helpful, I am glad we are still preaching the Gospel. One and One the preacher will tell you want he thinks. Sermons, read this Pslam or versus you draw your own meaning from it. Its the 80% lowers of sermons. I understand it we are live streaming some of our stuff. But it felt good to see an auditorium at near capacity last Sunday.

Both of our preachers have deer mounts in their office, so no pronouns by their name and they have never said anything about printing weapon on my side. Glad to see other church members are taking security serious.
DirtNasty

Post by DirtNasty »

I was a honor to be part of the first ever Badlands Fieldcraft class/course! All I got to say for now is that the class was awesome and I learned a lot. It was not a easy class but it also was not impossible. We were not just shown how to do things in the class but were cut lose to to either succeed or fail with real world experience. This class gave me a whole new skill set that I can replicate the rest of my life.

In my opinion if anyone has ever taken the Brushbeater Scout course then you will also want to go and do the badlands Fieldcraft course. They did a great job and I can honestly say the Fieldcraft course is just as good if not better then any of the Brushbeater classes I have ever done, but that is like comparing apples to oranges. They are doing something unique and fills a large void in the training community.

They really made something incredible out there in the Badlands! I promise the Fieldcraft class will not disappoint anyone who takes it.
"It doesn’t matter what you did, it’s what you’re doing now."

~Badlands Rifleman
Trailman
Recruit

Post by Trailman »

Badlands Rifleman wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:08 pm Be careful what you wish for! Lol it would be pretty awesome to get a bunch of guys together and hold a training convention of sorts.
Been looking at your courses, That would be an event worth attending. This is pinging on one of my issues. Once the events hit more than an 8 hour drive logistics become an issue. I see few training opportunities in the NE, Brushbeater is 5.5 hours one way on a good day, a good day. My first trip down there ran me 9. :shock:
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious,
I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
DirtNasty

Post by DirtNasty »

Trailman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 pm Been looking at your courses, That would be an event worth attending. This is pinging on one of my issues. Once the events hit more than an 8 hour drive logistics become an issue. I see few training opportunities in the NE, Brushbeater is 5.5 hours one way on a good day, a good day. My first trip down there ran me 9. :shock:
At least 4 of the people at the course drove over 16 hours. But the course would never be the same if it were not done in the badlands. It was my first time ever out there and it is like you are on another planet. A very difficult and unique terrain needs a difficult and unique course. They killed it! I was impressed with the extreme level of detail and thought that was put into the lessons and training. I also like Mr.Badlands method of teaching; he is laid back and can explain things to small minded people with the lease amount of words possible.

But with driving, rest stops, refueling and napping, I was on the road about 40 hours both ways........But man was it worth it I am stoked. I know this may not be the intention of the class but if you want a taste of what the guerilla life is like, the Badlands is has the right receipt to give you the worst case scenario (waiting for that one guy to be like "Oh ya well"!). I appreciate those boys up there, they are a blend of kindness and hardness you don't find in the Midwest or on the coasts.
"It doesn’t matter what you did, it’s what you’re doing now."

~Badlands Rifleman
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Thanks DirtNasty, I’m really glad it turned out good. I’ve got to tweak a few things here and there to stream line everything but that’s just the way it goes. I appreciate you and everyone else who came out, I couldn’t have asked for a better group of guys for my first class. I know what you guys mean about having to travel for training, I live in the middle of nowhere. That was one of my main concerns was to ensure the time and money spent to come train wasn’t wasted. Thanks again for coming!
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Trailman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 pm
Badlands Rifleman wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:08 pm Be careful what you wish for! Lol it would be pretty awesome to get a bunch of guys together and hold a training convention of sorts.
Been looking at your courses, That would be an event worth attending. This is pinging on one of my issues. Once the events hit more than an 8 hour drive logistics become an issue. I see few training opportunities in the NE, Brushbeater is 5.5 hours one way on a good day, a good day. My first trip down there ran me 9. :shock:
I understand completely. I’ve trained out East and it nearly triples the cost. I’ve always flown so I didn’t have to take so much time off.