Fieldcraft Course

Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Fieldcraft Course

Post by Badlands Rifleman »

Hey everyone, just wanted to share some information for the Fieldcraft Course I'll be teaching in Montana. It is a course designed to teach the student how to survive nature first, then as the class progresses we will be focusing on developing individual and team based skills to fight off threats. It is a 3.5 day class that takes place completely off grid. We will be living out of our rucks in a low profile and covert manner.

The main subjects we will be covering are: practical field rifle marksmanship (out to 500 yards), field water resupply, firecraft, day and night land navigation (with and without map and compass), shelters and hides, camouflage, small unit tactics and tactical planning. This class is meant to give the student a very solid foundation that will allow them to be fully capable in many different environments.

Please see the course description and gear list here:

https://badlandsfieldcraft.wordpress.co ... gear-list/

and the class calendar here:

https://badlandsfieldcraft.wordpress.co ... ates-2021/

Please email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions, Thanks!
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
Tango1papa
Rifleman

Re: Fieldcraft Course

Post by Tango1papa »

Sounds like an awesome class!!
Badlands Rifleman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:21 am Hey everyone, just wanted to share some information for the Fieldcraft Course I'll be teaching in Montana. It is a course designed to teach the student how to survive nature first, then as the class progresses we will be focusing on developing individual and team based skills to fight off threats. It is a 3.5 day class that takes place completely off grid. We will be living out of our rucks in a low profile and covert manner.

The main subjects we will be covering are: practical field rifle marksmanship (out to 500 yards), field water resupply, firecraft, day and night land navigation (with and without map and compass), shelters and hides, camouflage, small unit tactics and tactical planning. This class is meant to give the student a very solid foundation that will allow them to be fully capable in many different environments.

Please see the course description and gear list here:

https://badlandsfieldcraft.wordpress.co ... gear-list/

and the class calendar here:

https://badlandsfieldcraft.wordpress.co ... ates-2021/

Please email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions, Thanks!
Train hard today for an uncertain tomorrow!
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Thanks! I’m doing everything I can to make sure it is!
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
PartisanMD
Rifleman

Post by PartisanMD »

Hard for me to get out to mountain west for near term, crossing my fingers for a future Brushbeater/Badlands collab NC Fieldcraft/Scout course extravaganza. I’ll supply the scotch and WAP jokes.
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Be careful what you wish for! Lol it would be pretty awesome to get a bunch of guys together and hold a training convention of sorts.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

You’ve definitely got a spot to teach here.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Awesome, you too as well. We might have to revisit this topic privately amongst those who would be participating to see what possibilities there are.
Mike
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by Mike »

Badlands Rifleman wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:08 pm Be careful what you wish for! Lol it would be pretty awesome to get a bunch of guys together and hold a training convention of sorts.
This would be awesome.
Semper Paratus, Semper Discens, Semper Fidelis,

Mike
Owner, Von Steuben Training and Consulting (VSTAC)
https://vs-training.com/

"Schweiß spart blut"
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Badlands Rifleman wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:00 pm Awesome, you too as well. We might have to revisit this topic privately amongst those who would be participating to see what possibilities there are.
We definitely need to do this. Soldier of Fortune did it back in the day and I think we can too.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

For sure, I think that’s how 3 gun got started too. We could call it the “Scout Rendezvous” or something cool like that.