10-23 from SEMO

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
marlboroshorty
Recruit

10-23 from SEMO

Post by marlboroshorty »

Civie just joined after another purchase from ncscout. Been slowly falling down the rabbit hole since March of 2020. Haven't taken my tech license yet but it remains a future possibility.

I've outfitted several baofengs and recently been working on getting an antenna up for my rtl-sdr. Very difficult to convince my friends, who are pretty decently geographically placed within the county, to join the race. Also saw that the man himself will be in Missouri come September for a scouting and RTO class.

Heavily considering acquiring a QYT CB-58 to talk to my fellow farmer friends this spring for 1) redundancy w/ baofeng equipment, and 2) potential for a HT/mobile rig setup like I have for the baofengs. Haven't dived into digital yet (I've seen the Abbree DM-F8) but I'm still convinced my first digital will be a scanner - just not convinced yet that my local 5-0 running P-25 P1/APCO aren't already encrypted.
OFG Actual
Recruit

Re: 10-23 from SEMO

Post by OFG Actual »

Welcome! I've been chatting with NC Scout about that class, and finally signed up. Do get your tech license before you go on the air, or see if a GMRS radio will fill the bill.
mepps1
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by mepps1 »

marlboroshorty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:12 pm Civie just joined after another purchase from ncscout. Been slowly falling down the rabbit hole since March of 2020. Haven't taken my tech license yet but it remains a future possibility.

I've outfitted several baofengs and recently been working on getting an antenna up for my rtl-sdr. Very difficult to convince my friends, who are pretty decently geographically placed within the county, to join the race. Also saw that the man himself will be in Missouri come September for a scouting and RTO class.

Heavily considering acquiring a QYT CB-58 to talk to my fellow farmer friends this spring for 1) redundancy w/ baofeng equipment, and 2) potential for a HT/mobile rig setup like I have for the baofengs. Haven't dived into digital yet (I've seen the Abbree DM-F8) but I'm still convinced my first digital will be a scanner - just not convinced yet that my local 5-0 running P-25 P1/APCO aren't already encrypted.
Welcome! Jus' take the General.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

marlboroshorty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:12 pm Civie just joined after another purchase from ncscout. Been slowly falling down the rabbit hole since March of 2020. Haven't taken my tech license yet but it remains a future possibility.

Welcome!!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Ridgerunner
Rifleman

Post by Ridgerunner »

Judging from the name I'd say we're within a few hours of each other. Hope to see you at a class!
"...And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one." -- Luke 22:36

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices whatsoever." -- Mark Twain
SharpsShtr
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by SharpsShtr »

Welcome to the group!

Matt
Mission, Men, Self.