Rowan, Eastern Nebraska

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Rowan
Recruit

Rowan, Eastern Nebraska

Post by Rowan »

My name is Rowan. I'm in Eastern Nebraska but looking at alternatives mostly due to taxes/bloat/boredom. Found the podcast to be exceptionally useful, not only the technical info but the mindset/logic in the way of thinking along with the "tone" of discussion, which gives a quick gauge of what the community is sensing atm, if that makes sense. Keen to do some lurking and share whatever I can. I enjoy exercising cognitive dissonance skills and looking at things from differing perspectives e.g. the Art of War is more interesting to me is an Art book. More interested in the "NON" part of Nonlinear Warfare. The concept that EVERYTHING is a weapon starting with the mind, and being able to adapting in the moment. Less idealism more realism is my current philosophy.

Never quite sure how to layout my background but I'm a civilian with a pretty eclectic array of generalized knowledge sets which I'm developing in to some sort of overall method. My plan is usually to do as little as possible. "Lurk before you irk" :D Been banned or shadow-banned from pretty much everywhere besides Telegram and IRC (yeah I still go on IRC sometimes). I love that this is phpBB, I still refuse to code in anything other than PHP (the AK of programming) :D

Typical areas of interest:

[*] DEFCON type shenanigans: "hacking", encryption, reverse engineering, social engineering, physical pen testing, researching underground communities, etc.)
[*] Open-source everything especially today's OSINT
[*] Economics
[*] Theoretical computing: systems theory, digital physics, information theory, quantum computing, AI and the implications. I'm a big fan of distributed bottom-up systems, integrated information theory, spilling in to biocomputational science like Free Energy Principle.
[*] Nonlinear Warfare, Hybrid Warfare, 5th Generational Warfare, Full-spectrum Warfare or the other names.
[*] Influence/Meme Warfare, guerrilla marketing/unmarketing.
[*] Applying the efficiency and "compression systems" of small unit infantry techniques to non-military applications.
[*] Adaptive systems in the context of Anti-fragility and principles like Hormesis.
[*] Finding exotic loopholes. I'm the loophole guy sorry.

Feels like I just filled out a dating profile. That's all I got.
BePrepared
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Re: Rowan, Eastern Nebraska

Post by BePrepared »

Rowan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:32 am (yeah I still go on IRC sometimes
Wow, IRC... taking me back a decade or two there.

Welcome to the forum Rowan.
When they are preparing for war, those who rule by force speak most copiously about peace until they have completed the mobilization process.
Rowan
Recruit

Post by Rowan »

Thanks BePrepared. Started my "career" "infiltrating the 0sec warez scene around that time, encrypted glftpd top-sites, encrypted irc, BNCs, bots, etc. I even pred a few releases during the isonews days before the DOJ shut it down lol. Linux guy obviously. Oh yeah and at the risk of "russling some Jimmies" lol... forgot to mention I'm HUGE in to Toyota 4x4s. Have a 2011 4Runner and a 1999 4Runner with over 500,000 miles between them. Both drive better than when I bought them.
Rowan
Recruit

Post by Rowan »

Edit:

Area study of Tiktok results...

The most obnoxious platform I've ever had the displeasure to use (except #nativetiktok which is very good). Got some interesting notes about using competing platforms infrastructure as a distributed hosting network for your own content and wasting the competitors bandwidth at the same time lol. Also various ways to exploit the algos and stuff it's so boring and barely relevant here. This must be too easy for China. Anyway that's basically what I do in the #nonlinear sphere... confuse/terrify/love the shit out of people. Censorship is horrible on it I had videos banned for smoking a cigarette that were sent to the UK, but it's OK for USA ones wtf lol. Absolute waste of time. Managed to keep the mighty GLONG on there at least :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to see a Glong + Monster_Toyo collab one day (assuming MT is still alive :| ).

I think I'm retired now. We are so fucked. Hope someone had a laugh at least.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar