Checking in from Pasco Co, FL

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
WHGW?
Rifleman

Checking in from Pasco Co, FL

Post by WHGW? »

New here obviously.
Been listening to American Partisan for a few months, just finished the Baofeng book by Scout.
Did a very short stint in the FL Guard as a 68W; never did anything cool besides run an aid tent for burns from grunt grabbing machine gun barrels and giving drink SGTs IVs. Work in the trades as low voltage tech currently. Heavily involved in my local church fellowship. Keep a small garden, coturnix quail, rabbits (will learn to process these soon), and chickens for eggs; on less than a 1/4 of an acre. Wife and kid, hopefully more in the future, can’t get the wife to bite on adopting currently.

First question, if I need to ask elsewhere just tell me and that’s fine:

For the slim Jim coax antenna, how exactly am I stripping back the non radio end of the coax?
The BNC is no problem, but I’m not grasping at this time how the other end is to be stripped and left.

Thanks.
What Hath God Wrought?

The dad jokes will continue until morale improves.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Re: Checking in from Pasco Co, FL

Post by NC SCOUT »

WHGW? wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:21 am New here obviously.
Been listening to American Partisan for a few months, just finished the Baofeng book by Scout.
Did a very short stint in the FL Guard as a 68W; never did anything cool besides run an aid tent for burns from grunt grabbing machine gun barrels and giving drink SGTs IVs. Work in the trades as low voltage tech currently. Heavily involved in my local church fellowship. Keep a small garden, coturnix quail, rabbits (will learn to process these soon), and chickens for eggs; on less than a 1/4 of an acre. Wife and kid, hopefully more in the future, can’t get the wife to bite on adopting currently.

First question, if I need to ask elsewhere just tell me and that’s fine:

For the slim Jim coax antenna, how exactly am I stripping back the non radio end of the coax?
The BNC is no problem, but I’m not grasping at this time how the other end is to be stripped and left.

Thanks.
Welcome in brother. On your question, get 10 posts up and you'll see the communications section of the forum. That's the place to ask the questions.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

WHGW?
Rifleman

Post by WHGW? »

Roger that.
Thank you.
What Hath God Wrought?

The dad jokes will continue until morale improves.
codename-alfred
Rifleman

Post by codename-alfred »

Welcome from east central GA!
-- "In God we trust, All others we monitor."
Signals Intelligence means reading another person's mail without them knowing.