Greetings From JoCo, NC!

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Bulltaco
Recruit

Greetings From JoCo, NC!

Post by Bulltaco »

Good Saturday Morning from JoCo (Johnston County) NC! Very excited to be a member of this forum and also excited about the conversations that lay ahead! Interested in a myriad of subjects but not an expert in any! Grew up in Raleigh hunting and fishing every day after school and weekends! Love the outdoors and spending time in the woods, mountains and on the NC coast especially the Brunswick County beaches! Very fond of edged weapons and big caliber revolvers, motorcycles, cooking over coals and smoking meat! Enjoy oysters raw or steamed and currently expanding my enjoyment of good mezcal. Favorite place to visit is Key West and watching the sunset from the deck of a sailboat!
Thanks for the add to the forum!
Kenny aka Bulltaco
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Re: Greetings From JoCo, NC!

Post by NC SCOUT »

Bulltaco wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:38 pm Good Saturday Morning from JoCo (Johnston County) NC! Very excited to be a member of this forum and also excited about the conversations that lay ahead! Interested in a myriad of subjects but not an expert in any! Grew up in Raleigh hunting and fishing every day after school and weekends! Love the outdoors and spending time in the woods, mountains and on the NC coast especially the Brunswick County beaches! Very fond of edged weapons and big caliber revolvers, motorcycles, cooking over coals and smoking meat! Enjoy oysters raw or steamed and currently expanding my enjoyment of good mezcal. Favorite place to visit is Key West and watching the sunset from the deck of a sailboat!
Kenny aka Bulltaco
Welcome brother!! Johnston & Granville Co. is where all the people with any sense in Wake Co. fled to.

Are you by any chance a member of JARS? They have an awesome community on that repeater and a Tuesday night preparedness net. Great folks in JoCo. Do any hog hunting? Eastern JoCo used to have a farm that did thermal optic hunts.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Bulltaco
Recruit

Post by Bulltaco »

No, I am not familiar with JARS. I'll check them out online. I have some coworkers who have family farms in the Neuse River low grounds below Smithfield that shoot hogs frequently. They feed on the deer corn piles. Trying to wrangle an invite and yes there are several farmers who book night hunts in Johnston County. Thanks for the welcome!
BePrepared
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by BePrepared »

Welcome, from Alabama!
When they are preparing for war, those who rule by force speak most copiously about peace until they have completed the mobilization process.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Bulltaco wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:31 pm No, I am not familiar with JARS. I'll check them out online. I have some coworkers who have family farms in the Neuse River low grounds below Smithfield that shoot hogs frequently. They feed on the deer corn piles. Trying to wrangle an invite and yes there are several farmers who book night hunts in Johnston County. Thanks for the welcome!
Ah, right on. Here's a link to those guys' online site, even though it obviously hasn't been updated in a long while:

https://jarsprep.net/
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Bulltaco
Recruit

Thanks For The Link

Post by Bulltaco »

Checking them out now!
Atlas Shrug

Post by Atlas Shrug »

NC SCOUT wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:21 pm
Bulltaco wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:38 pm Good Saturday Morning from JoCo (Johnston County) NC! Very excited to be a member of this forum and also excited about the conversations that lay ahead! Interested in a myriad of subjects but not an expert in any! Grew up in Raleigh hunting and fishing every day after school and weekends! Love the outdoors and spending time in the woods, mountains and on the NC coast especially the Brunswick County beaches! Very fond of edged weapons and big caliber revolvers, motorcycles, cooking over coals and smoking meat! Enjoy oysters raw or steamed and currently expanding my enjoyment of good mezcal. Favorite place to visit is Key West and watching the sunset from the deck of a sailboat!
Kenny aka Bulltaco
Welcome brother!! Johnston & Granville Co. is where all the people with any sense in Wake Co. fled to.

Are you by any chance a member of JARS? They have an awesome community on that repeater and a Tuesday night preparedness net. Great folks in JoCo. Do any hog hunting? Eastern JoCo used to have a farm that did thermal optic hunts.
Welcome Kenny/Bulltaco!

I’m one of the people from Wake Co. that has no sense, in that I fled to Chatham County. 😉

Politically, NC Scout is correct in that Johnston & Granville are far better places to land. For me it’s Chatham since my family has had some land there since 1842, so my roots are kinda deep… So I’m there to fight the bastard influence from Chapel Hill, which has totally polluted the NE corner of the county, and ALL county politics. Eff ‘em!

I also concur on the JARS folks. I used to catch the Tue Prep Net regularly, but my schedule makes it a hit or miss event lately (FYI on Tuesday nights at 9pm JARS Prep Net is on 147.270MHz).

Jump in, the water is fine!
Keep Your Powder Dry,
Atlas Shrug
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Atlas Shrug wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:57 pm
Kenny aka Bulltaco

Welcome Kenny/Bulltaco!

I’m one of the people from Wake Co. that has no sense, in that I fled to Chatham County. 😉

Politically, NC Scout is correct in that Johnston & Granville are far better places to land. For me it’s Chatham since my family has had some land there since 1842, so my roots are kinda deep… So I’m there to fight the bastard influence from Chapel Hill, which has totally polluted the NE corner of the county, and ALL county politics. Eff ‘em!

I also concur on the JARS folks. I used to catch the Tue Prep Net regularly, but my schedule makes it a hit or miss event lately (FYI on Tuesday nights at 9pm JARS Prep Net is on 147.270MHz).

Its sad what's happened to Chatham Co. and Pittsboro in particular. They used to be isolated to Saxpahaw / Shicorie Hills, but the Californians wrecked it along with Orange Co.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Atlas Shrug

Post by Atlas Shrug »

NC SCOUT wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:24 pm
Atlas Shrug wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:57 pm

Welcome Kenny/Bulltaco!

Its sad what's happened to Chatham Co. and Pittsboro in particular. They used to be isolated to Saxpahaw / Shicorie Hills, but the Californians wrecked it along with Orange Co.
Yep, one of the small silver linings in the cloud that I exist in is that I have a Siler City address! (A place even mentioned a few times in The Andy Griffith Show, thus certifiably and pridefully Southern!)

One day, the slimy sons of bitches who removed the Confederate statue from the Chatham County Courthouse will pay. That statue honored several of my ancestors, and I have an elephant’s memory. One day.

But for now I expand the homestead, farm, train, and plan. But I don’t forget.
Keep Your Powder Dry,
Atlas Shrug