Live Free or Die - In NH

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
MaverickNH
Recruit

Live Free or Die - In NH

Post by MaverickNH »

Howdy Y’all,

Newbie from Southern New Hampshire here. Doing some work with a new SHTF radio operator group here, really designed to get people able to do local comms in a SHTF situation. Sort of a mutual aid network. Some Hams and MURS/FRS RX/TX as well as some HF RX for the non-Hams. But some of us will do more advanced comms planning for more challenging situations.

I do some community volunteer work with CERT & ARES but their missions are more public-service oriented. OK stuff but not my major interest. Also getting a local Maker Space going with radio - getting some Hams licensed, how to use a basic HT, etc.

I’m looking to broaden and improve my Off-Grid radio skill set and this look like the right place to be. My son just left the 82nd Bragg and is doing some schooling in Wilmington, NC, so doing the RTO/ADVRTO/SIGINT course series in 2023 during a trip to NC seems like a great idea.

Dunno the location - accessible from RDU or CLT?

MaverickNH
ursa.theodorus
Recruit

Re: Live Free or Die - In NH

Post by ursa.theodorus »

Hey MaverickNH,

I'm going to RTO/AdvRTO/SigInt in Jan 2023, so maybe I'll see you there. Regarding location, Scout will inform you when you register. My advice if you're flying in to visit your son in Wilmington, that Raleigh-Durham is a better option than Charlotte.

Best,
Teddy Bear
<><

Ours not to reason why, ours not to let them die.

I will give no drugs for deadly purposes, though it be asked of me.