Hello from eastern NC

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Frau Farbissina
Recruit

Hello from eastern NC

Post by Frau Farbissina »

Hi Everyone,
Nice to meet you all. I'm glad to find a group with similar values, and hopefully we can challenge and encourage each other (although you all seem like badasses and I'm just a homeschool mom trying to raise my family to stand firm in this crazy world).
When God was making the plan for your life, he already factored in your stupidity.
sleeper
Rifleman

Re: Hello from eastern NC

Post by sleeper »

Welcome! I think there are a few badasses on here, but I'm definitely not one of them and have not felt out-of-place nor intimidated. To the contrary, many here go out of their way to help with whatever they can. And as a homeschool mom, I'm sure we've got plenty to learn from you as well!
This message has been intercepted by the NSA: the only branch of government that listens.
Mike
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by Mike »

sleeper wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:30 pm Welcome! I think there are a few badasses on here, but I'm definitely not one of them and have not felt out-of-place nor intimidated. To the contrary, many here go out of their way to help with whatever they can. And as a homeschool mom, I'm sure we've got plenty to learn from you as well!
I certainly learned a lot from a homeschool mom :D
Semper Paratus, Semper Discens, Semper Fidelis,

Mike
Owner, Von Steuben Training and Consulting (VSTAC)
https://vs-training.com/

"Schweiß spart blut"
Frau Farbissina
Recruit

Many thanks to both of you. I can probably hold my own on most fronts, I guess I'm just dazzled by the huge amount of great information contained in this forum. It seems like a great group.
When God was making the plan for your life, he already factored in your stupidity.
BePrepared
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by BePrepared »

sleeper wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:30 pm And as a homeschool mom, I'm sure we've got plenty to learn from you as well!
Absolutely... been a few years since I had to teach and that was with Navy pubs... I'm sure you have plenty of knowledge to share with us! Love to know what books you use so I can maybe add them to my post-collapse community library.
When they are preparing for war, those who rule by force speak most copiously about peace until they have completed the mobilization process.
sleeper
Rifleman

Post by sleeper »

Mike wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm I certainly learned a lot from a homeschool mom :D
I'm happy she decided to just assume your comment was positive. ;)
Frau Farbissina wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:41 pm Many thanks to both of you. I can probably hold my own on most fronts, I guess I'm just dazzled by the huge amount of great information contained in this forum. It seems like a great group.
Yes, there is a ton of good info on here already. I've actually decided to narrow down my learnings to a couple of topics in order to try and get some proficiency and still have a wife and a job. Otherwise this is like trying to take on the spout side of a firehose and it's only been up for about a week.
This message has been intercepted by the NSA: the only branch of government that listens.
Frau Farbissina
Recruit

BePrepared wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:49 pm Absolutely... been a few years since I had to teach and that was with Navy pubs... I'm sure you have plenty of knowledge to share with us! Love to know what books you use so I can maybe add them to my post-collapse community library.
Can do, I'll be happy to generate a list. Let me try to organize a document and pass it along.
sleeper wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:10 am Mike wrote: ↑Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:15 pm
I certainly learned a lot from a homeschool mom :D

I'm happy she decided to just assume your comment was positive.
:lol:
sleeper wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:10 am Yes, there is a ton of good info on here already. I've actually decided to narrow down my learnings to a couple of topics in order to try and get some proficiency and still have a wife and a job. Otherwise this is like trying to take on the spout side of a firehose and it's only been up for about a week.
I'm hoping that there will be time to dive in a little deeper this weekend. Good idea about trying to limit the topics to a little at a time.
skysoldier82nd
Rifleman

Post by skysoldier82nd »

Another one from ENC! Good deal!! Approximately where? Is a long Coastline...
Frau Farbissina
Recruit

LOL, I'm near Greenville, care to share your location? I'm glad to find some new friends nearby.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Welcome!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar