Western Colorado Highcountry

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
plankmember
Hunter of Gunmen

Western Colorado Highcountry

Post by plankmember »

Warmest greetings to All Long live the New Forum Here to Learn and teach if I can Great weather being put to use as I push It to A new level for this soon to be 59 athletic ballbuster I am having my ass kicked by All the INFO FROM our glorious staff with my commo studies and upgrades. Lifelong adrenalin junkie Father Machinist/metallurgist Homesteader EX state atty SAR member And mountain guide/climber donating time to local organic growers community when possible. GREATEST THANKS TO NC SCOUT AND THE REST OF THE GLORIOUS BASTARDS Gonna drop a thousand feet mt biking down into town at almost 8900 foot Best wishes Gentlemen gotta go
  • "You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more responsible" Dr. Thomas Sowell
  • " WHAT WE DO NOW ECHOES IN ETERNITY " - Maximus Decimus Meridius
      Saber 7
      Rifleman

Re: Western Colorado Highcountry

Post by Saber 7 »

Plankmember, I am trying to round up Hams for a North West regional Radio Net. Are you a ham operator? Do you have like minded buddies that are hams? Stay tuned.
      Saber 7
      KC3GOP

“Your fears are not my chains”
      plankmember
      Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

I know where challis is lotsa good people there into the bottleneck I am getting all the parts for local field antenna Production and hoping to have the time but its my goal Just GMRS But in any event I hope to get to be able to Monitor on ham I gotta get the capability as comms are my ONLY Weakness Put me on the Serious List we gotta get a Rockies Net Kudos Dude
      • "You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more responsible" Dr. Thomas Sowell
          NC SCOUT
          Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Welcome back to the party. This one will be sticking around for a while.
          Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Jonas Clark
          Rifleman

Post by Jonas Clark »

Hello Plankmember, I'm in W CO also but a bit lower than you at near 5400 ft. Sounds like you enjoy growing as do I and I currently have UHF/VHF ham capability. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here...talk to you soon.

Jonas Clark
          "After 2020, how long do you have to look behind the curtain before you believe what you see..."
          plankmember
          Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

just responded to you on other post Studying for License ACCUMULATING EQUIP and be a minute for I know How to really use ANTENNA upgrades soon waitng for cable for base Just handhelds now we can work on you pinging me and I will respond on the chat here Huh ? Sounds like your a mile ahead of me I sure need some hands on help I will keep watching Vids ect Looking forward Iam in the CB area not citizens band COOL MAN I want to go to the RTO in Wyoming/July BAAAAD ! Gotta go for now
              Jonas Clark
              Rifleman

Post by Jonas Clark »

Slow and steady plodding wins the race, keep up the forward momentum even if its slow and you'll get there (preaching to myself there too!). The local ham radio club is a great source of help if theres one near you. Those guys love to help...but I would recommend proceeding with caution as far as discussing freedom, RTO, the podcast and things like that until you see where their at. Some of them are stuck in the "mainstream" thought process even though they have a lot of radio knowledge. I'm near rifle and will be at the RTO in WY/July. Continuing to work on my new chicken coop/run area this weekend.
              "After 2020, how long do you have to look behind the curtain before you believe what you see..."
              Jonas Clark
              Rifleman

Post by Jonas Clark »

Are you using encrypted email? Proton mail and Tutanota are free and really easy to set up...I highly recommend. For more detailed discussions you can reach me at:

[email protected]
              plankmember
              Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

Thanks WILL DO all points taken
                  plankmember
                  Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

plankmember wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 pm Warmest greetings to All Long live the New Forum Here to Learn and teach if I can Great weather being put to use as I push It to A new level for this soon to be 59 athletic ballbuster I am having my ass kicked by All the INFO FROM our glorious staff with my commo studies and upgrades. Lifelong adrenalin junkie Father Machinist/metallurgist Homesteader EX state atty SAR member And mountain guide/climber donating time to local organic growers community when possible. GREATEST THANKS TO NC SCOUT AND THE REST OF THE GLORIOUS BASTARDS Gonna drop a thousand feet mt biking down into town at almost 8900 foot Best wishes Gentlemen gotta go