Banished to Texas, missing NC.

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
OFG Actual
Recruit

Banished to Texas, missing NC.

Post by OFG Actual »

After several years of hem-ing and even more of haw-ing, I signed up for a couple of NC Scout's classes in MO.

Hi, I'm an actual old fat guy. :) Walking can get painful, a lot of people are smarter, and I carried a live M-16 exactly once in my ten year USAF career. If the world only needed the young and fit, the world would be in a world of hurt. The young are in skinny jeans and pastels, and the fit can't leave their gym memberships and power shakes behind.

The world needs all of us, and I need to get off my rear and do my part. I used to teach disaster response and write war plans. I could map out the projected fallout pattern for a standard nuke in my head. These days I'm a sit in a chair and stare at a screen sort. It's time to get camping, fire up my HAM radio, and figure out how to take care of my extended family when bad things happen. I'm not sure what bad will happen, but food, water, and shelter are common needs no matter what. Here in north central Texas, otherwise known as Tornado Alley, life can change in a few moments. The pizza place my new bride and I went to, when I was a poor enlisted airman back in the 80's, got destroyed by a down draft recently. I'm not even sure what that is, but it took out one wing of a small strip mall.

I have a lot to learn and I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all. On the off chance I know something you don't, I'll happily mentor where I can.

OFG Actual
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Re: Banished to Texas, missing NC.

Post by NC SCOUT »

OFG Actual wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:55 pm After several years of hem-ing and even more of haw-ing, I signed up for a couple of NC Scout's classes in MO.

Hi, I'm an actual old fat guy. :) Walking can get painful, a lot of people are smarter, and I carried a live M-16 exactly once in my ten year USAF career. If the world only needed the young and fit, the world would be in a world of hurt. The young are in skinny jeans and pastels, and the fit can't leave their gym memberships and power shakes behind.

The world needs all of us, and I need to get off my rear and do my part. I used to teach disaster response and write war plans. I could map out the projected fallout pattern for a standard nuke in my head. These days I'm a sit in a chair and stare at a screen sort. It's time to get camping, fire up my HAM radio, and figure out how to take care of my extended family when bad things happen. I'm not sure what bad will happen, but food, water, and shelter are common needs no matter what. Here in north central Texas, otherwise known as Tornado Alley, life can change in a few moments. The pizza place my new bride and I went to, when I was a poor enlisted airman back in the 80's, got destroyed by a down draft recently. I'm not even sure what that is, but it took out one wing of a small strip mall.

I have a lot to learn and I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all. On the off chance I know something you don't, I'll happily mentor where I can.

OFG Actual
Welcome!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar