Hello from TN

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
john904
Recruit

Hello from TN

Post by john904 »

I've been following BrushBeater podcasts and blog posts for a bit but finally took the RTO course in TN a few weeks back and learned more in 3 days than I could have expected to learn on my own in months (probably longer).
I'm near the Chattanooga area and looking forward to being involved in the discussions here.
codename-alfred
Rifleman

Re: Hello from TN

Post by codename-alfred »

Welcome from east central GA!
-- "In God we trust, All others we monitor."
Signals Intelligence means reading another person's mail without them knowing.
THETUNA3
Rifleman

Post by THETUNA3 »

Welcome from VA.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

john904 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:33 pm I've been following BrushBeater podcasts and blog posts for a bit but finally took the RTO course in TN a few weeks back and learned more in 3 days than I could have expected to learn on my own in months (probably longer).
I'm near the Chattanooga area and looking forward to being involved in the discussions here.
Welcome brother! Let me add you to the alumni groups.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

john904
Recruit

Post by john904 »

Thanks. Putting some of the class lessons to use and making antennas with the local crew this coming weekend.
Ridgerunner
Rifleman

Post by Ridgerunner »

Waddup for MO
"...And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one." -- Luke 22:36

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices whatsoever." -- Mark Twain
BePrepared
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by BePrepared »

Greetings from NE Alabama. Being "near" Chattanooga do you get into the daily hell of I-24?
When they are preparing for war, those who rule by force speak most copiously about peace until they have completed the mobilization process.
john904
Recruit

Post by john904 »

I do get into that mess more often than I like. I run my own little commercial painting and concrete polishing business though so I try to adapt my schedule to avoid the chaos. For the last few months though, there is no rhyme or reason as to when it will be a mess. We're working on building a house about 45-55 min north of Chatt right now and everyday we are looking more and more forward to when we can be up there vs in town. Not to mention that the house will sit at an elevation of 2100' so I'll be collecting signals a lot better than I can here.
BePrepared
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by BePrepared »

john904 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:16 pm I do get into that mess more often than I like. I run my own little commercial painting and concrete polishing business though so I try to adapt my schedule to avoid the chaos. For the last few months though, there is no rhyme or reason as to when it will be a mess. We're working on building a house about 45-55 min north of Chatt right now and everyday we are looking more and more forward to when we can be up there vs in town. Not to mention that the house will sit at an elevation of 2100' so I'll be collecting signals a lot better than I can here.
Nice! Good country once you get on the other side of the river and go north. Less People = Better for me. I-24 construction (and I-24 itself around the bend) makes those emergency runs to Erlinger and Memorial a little spicy.
When they are preparing for war, those who rule by force speak most copiously about peace until they have completed the mobilization process.
BelieverPatriot
Rifleman

Post by BelieverPatriot »

Welcome from Louisiana!
"Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn how to be slow in a hurry" --Wyatt Earp