Course AAR’s

Mech Medic
Rifleman

Course AAR’s

Post by Mech Medic »

If you have an AAR for a class of mine, go ahead and throw it up!
Mech Medic
Owner, http://stuckpigmedical.com
Writer, http://americanpartisan.org
May we ever be a people favored of GOD.
DeserveNeither
Recruit

Re: Course AAR’s

Post by DeserveNeither »

I recently completed MechMedics TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) course.

He has the heart and dedication to both medicine and teaching. He is very enthusiastic about the subject, which is contagious.
His class is quite thorough and goes deep, but he also goes the extra mile to make sure he has communicated the information to everyone in a way they can understand.

As far as the subject matter, it is vital lifesaving procedures. I placed this first on my training list as l don't want to stand around not knowing what to do while someone could be dying.

I highly recommend this for anyone who might possibly have to respond to a life threatening injury from a outdoor lifestyle, driving, hunting as well as tactical causes.
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin
Mech Medic
Rifleman

Post by Mech Medic »

I appreciate it brother! It was a blast meeting everyone out there. I’ll definitely be heading out that way again.
Mech Medic
Owner, http://stuckpigmedical.com
Writer, http://americanpartisan.org
May we ever be a people favored of GOD.
El Jakeo
Recruit

Post by El Jakeo »

The previous assessment is spot on! The TC3 course that I took was one of the best courses that I have ever participated in.
In addition:
For those of us in the civilian world, this course resets some vital misconceptions! As a CPR/AED/1st-Aid Instructor, I get lulled into the perfect scenarios that I am used to in the air-conditioned setting of a classroom. Not that the conditions were miserable but the second day of real life scenarios were extremely valuable at putting the extremely good classroom instruction to the test! Yes, this man is very, very good at what he does!
The delivery of the information was just at the line of fascinating at the depth of knowledge but not to much to where there ere endless questions and confusion. He demonstrated the corrections that were needed and gave you the confidence to help others.
Organized, patient, confident, helpful, inviting, and just plain awesome!
reconL
Recruit

Post by reconL »

TC3 was fantastic. Classroom instruction was organized with handouts and easy going attitude which allowed any student to ask as many questions as needed. No condescending tone and no one appeared to be left behind. The amount of hands-on in classroom medical equipment was outstanding. TQs , SOF-T, CAT, Ratchet, etc. for everyone to use! Packing materials, chest seals, the product supply was endless. No need to use your own.
Outside training put all lessons learned to the test. Great hands-on application of multiple wound scenarios. From assessment thru treatment to evacuation. I learned so much more than I expected. Thanks also to the host in Central Washington for another great learning experience at your facility.
timbersour
Rifleman

Post by timbersour »

12-14 Sep Partisan Life Saver AAR

BLUF: This class was a deep-dive on TCCC tailored to a partisan situation. It also introduced concepts needed for both prolonged field care, and establishing a next level of care. (aka. the guerilla hospital) If you expect the future to involve increased violence and decreased access to emergency services, you need to take this class.

I came to PLS having at least some level of TCCC training from the military. I'd even been an instructor on basic self-aid, buddy care in the Air Force for a couple years and thought that I'd at least recognize a good bit of the course material. Instead, this class was a reminder (in all the best ways!) of how much I don't know and how much I need to learn and train.

The first two days of the course were focused on walking through the stages of TCCC and the MARCH algorithm. This consisted of classroom time broken up with practical demonstrations and part-task trainers on each intervention. For each stage of care, Mechmedic walked us through what partisan specific concerns there might be; how to organize teams when you have few trained medical personnel, what tactical evacuation care would look like, etc. MARCH took up the bulk of class room time (for good reason!) and it was immediately obvious that mechmedic was exceptionally smart on this subject. Tourniquets, wound packing, chest seals, needle decompression, hypothermia prevention, and more were all discussed. For each step of MARCH, we learned not just what interventions were necessary, but also the physiological reasons behind why we were doing what we were doing. Every time he introduced a medical term, mechmedic broke it down, explaining what each part of the latin/french/acronym meant, and what the layman's definition of the term was. He also introduced what steps a higher level of care would need to take after we did our TCCC steps - using this to highlight what needs a guerilla hospital would have, or what considerations there would be for prolonged field care if that higher level was not available. (on this note, one of the big takeaways from the class was the importance of a higher level of care. The guerilla hospital *NEEDS* to be a thing in your AO.) The last thing we covered was the treatment of injuries after MARCH, such as eyes, burns, broken bones, etc, which was also a far deeper subject than I ever thought!

The third day had a brief classroom session, covering some more partisan specific concerns, more about prolonged field care, and a quick recap of MARCH before we moved into trauma lanes. Mechmedic used a crawl-walk-run method to put everything together for us, culminating in students working in pairs to treat simulated casualties. Running the lanes really drove home the importance of incorporating TCCC into your regular training. There's a lot of stuff going on with treating a casualty, and it needs to become muscle memory.

Overall, this was an excellent class that I would highly recommend. If you are concerned about the future enough to take shooting courses, you 100% NEED medical training to go with that, and you're going to find any class better than Partisan Life Saver. It's not fun to think about getting wounded, but it's vital to learn about it now, before things happen.

Return to “Stuck Pig Medical”