New Memeber from NE Nebraska

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
AndyRifleman
Recruit

New Memeber from NE Nebraska

Post by AndyRifleman »

Hello all! AndyRifleman here from NE Nebraska. I recently relocated here from south of the Denver CO Metro area. Looking for a smaller/safer community for my wife and I to raise our daughter.

I have been a civilian firearms instructor for the last 15 years as well as running my own small business. I have been shooting Long Range Precision Rifles competitively since 2010 and am currently shooting for Steiner, XLR, Proof Research, Impact Actions, Hawkins Precisions and Nosler. Until my recent move I was the lead instructor for Precision Rifle at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton NM for the last 3 years. Besides LR rifles, I enjoy shooting USPSA and 3 Gun as well as hunting Coyotes and varmints with Thermal and NV.

Besides shooting I enjoy hiking, camping, dirtbikes/4 wheelers and HAM radio. I got my technitians license about 18 months ago and am currently working on my general.

I found Radio Contra about 6 months ago and became a Podbean Patron supporter. I absolutely love the content and have been working hard to try and learn as much as possible about SigInt. I am looking forward to attending some Brushbeater classes. Specifically RTO, Advanced RTO, Signals Intel, Scout and Recce.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn from your experience.

Thanks
AndyRifleman
Always A Student, Sometimes an Instructor!
Always Be Training
Atlas Shrug
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Re: New Memeber from NE Nebraska

Post by Atlas Shrug »

Welcome aboard!

Ah, Whittington. I love that place and have been there a few times. Alas, the most recent time was WAY back in 1998 for a couple of Jeff Cooper classes. Clearly I’m way overdue a visit…

Good to hear that you’re involved in the shooting sports. In another life I did a bit of shooting and coaching (NCAA Rifle), and have toyed with the idea of dipping my finger in the PRS pool (or the like). That will have to wait until I make more progress on the homestead - it’s a critical time now to get some more infrastructure in place.

Some of the area of CO south of Denver ain’t too bad. In said prior life, I used to go to Colorado Springs a few times a year (Olympic Training Center). Those trips often took me back and forth to the Denver airport. The areas north of Colorado Spings were neat (Castle Rock, etc.). Then there is The Garden of The Gods and Manitou Springs near COS.

Anyway there are parts of The West that I love, but I’m deeply tied to long held family land here in central NC, so here’s where I’ll make my stand.

Good luck in NE NE!
Keep Your Powder Dry,
Atlas Shrug
AndyRifleman
Recruit

Post by AndyRifleman »

Atlas Shrug wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:12 am Welcome aboard!

Ah, Whittington. I love that place and have been there a few times. Alas, the most recent time was WAY back in 1998 for a couple of Jeff Cooper classes. Clearly I’m way overdue a visit…

Good to hear that you’re involved in the shooting sports. In another life I did a bit of shooting and coaching (NCAA Rifle), and have toyed with the idea of dipping my finger in the PRS pool (or the like). That will have to wait until I make more progress on the homestead - it’s a critical time now to get some more infrastructure in place.

Some of the area of CO south of Denver ain’t too bad. In said prior life, I used to go to Colorado Springs a few times a year (Olympic Training Center). Those trips often took me back and forth to the Denver airport. The areas north of Colorado Spings were neat (Castle Rock, etc.). Then there is The Garden of The Gods and Manitou Springs near COS.

Anyway there are parts of The West that I love, but I’m deeply tied to long held family land here in central NC, so here’s where I’ll make my stand.

Good luck in NE NE!
Awesome! I ways wanted to take Cooper class and just never got the chance as I was pretty young when he passed.

I grew up and lived in Franktown, just 7 miles east of Castle Rock...I really loved it. But over the last 5 years it has gotten out of control. So many people have moved in a no new infrastructure has been added to accomodate the growth. Its a wonderful part of the country, but the huge volume of people really makes it unliveable. You have to make reservatio s 6 months in advance tp go camping in many places and many places require a reservation just to go hiking. We just couldn't handle all the people and their increasingly liberal politics, especially in the school sysyems. We made our exit at the right time as a developer purchased the 100 acres behind us and is putting in million dollar 2 acre lots.

I've really enjoyed competitive shooting. I have gotten away from PRS type shooting and really prefer field matches these days. They more closely replicate real world situations and require you to find, range amd engage unknown distance targets on the clock. I really like NRL Hunter matches and Competition Dynamics Matches as well as some outlaw matches like Wyoming Tactical Rifle Championship.

Thanks for your reply
AR
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

AndyRifleman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:45 pm Hello all! AndyRifleman here from NE Nebraska. I recently relocated here from south of the Denver CO Metro area. Looking for a smaller/safer community for my wife and I to raise our daughter.

I have been a civilian firearms instructor for the last 15 years as well as running my own small business. I have been shooting Long Range Precision Rifles competitively since 2010 and am currently shooting for Steiner, XLR, Proof Research, Impact Actions, Hawkins Precisions and Nosler. Until my recent move I was the lead instructor for Precision Rifle at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton NM for the last 3 years. Besides LR rifles, I enjoy shooting USPSA and 3 Gun as well as hunting Coyotes and varmints with Thermal and NV.

Besides shooting I enjoy hiking, camping, dirtbikes/4 wheelers and HAM radio. I got my technitians license about 18 months ago and am currently working on my general.

I found Radio Contra about 6 months ago and became a Podbean Patron supporter. I absolutely love the content and have been working hard to try and learn as much as possible about SigInt. I am looking forward to attending some Brushbeater classes. Specifically RTO, Advanced RTO, Signals Intel, Scout and Recce.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn from your experience.

Thanks
AndyRifleman
Always A Student, Sometimes an Instructor!
Always Be Training
Welcome brother!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar