Workshop tour via YouTube?

menderlentusesse
Rifleman

Workshop tour via YouTube?

Post by menderlentusesse »

Provided that you don't consider this request to be prying into your privacy, Hawkeye, I think it would be interesting to see how you have the UW Gear workshop set up. Specifically, I'm curious to learn what equipment you use to build and repair the gear you make, and how you keep things organized.

Wise logistics in prepared neighborhoods will count for a lot in lean times, so if we can learn from your experience, we might be better able to fabricate and maintain personal equipment for our neighborhood preparedness groups.
Hawkeye
Rifleman

Re: Workshop tour via YouTube?

Post by Hawkeye »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. There's not a lot to see really. It's honestly pretty underwhelming, but here you go.

MCATMID
Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

Not gonna lie I don't know ANYTHING about your company other than you are here. Thanks for doing a video though!
menderlentusesse
Rifleman

I'm not underwhelmed at all. I'm encouraged. Without too much trouble I could set up something similar in my garage.

Which sewing machine(s) would you recommend?

Thanks!
Wyogrunt
Rifleman

Post by Wyogrunt »

Some of the best gear comes from the smallest shops. Hand made one at a time. We have become a nation that doesn't value craftsmanship as we once did. Good on ya brother
Ride for the brand
menderlentusesse
Rifleman

Hear, hear.
Hawkeye
Rifleman

Post by Hawkeye »

menderlentusesse wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:36 pm I'm not underwhelmed at all. I'm encouraged. Without too much trouble I could set up something similar in my garage.

Which sewing machine(s) would you recommend?

Thanks!
This a decent place to start. https://sewinggold.com/shop/ Just have to decide if you want a single needle machine or a walking foot. I'm still using single needle machines but I wouldn't mind picking up a walking foot one day.
menderlentusesse
Rifleman

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Return to “UW Gear”