Greetings From Deep in Heart of a Blue State

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
LogapBofey
Rifleman

Greetings From Deep in Heart of a Blue State

Post by LogapBofey »

Greetings:

I am a HAM for over 10 years (mostly CW), and have a interest in 3d printing, and electronics experimentation, and prepping (isn't that a general statement?!).

I really appreciate everyone's input and information. I am here to learn and am grateful to everyone for all the hard work and great fellowship! I hope to be able to contribute whenever I am able.

Logap
Jonas Clark
Rifleman

Re: Greetings From Deep in Heart of a Blue State

Post by Jonas Clark »

Hi Logap,
Welcome to the site! Is that CW all manual...old school? I spent a bit of time a couple years ago on that and certainly did not get proficient at it. It definitely made me appreciate the level of skill that people have who can communicate with it though.

Jonas
"After 2020, how long do you have to look behind the curtain before you believe what you see..."
LogapBofey
Rifleman

Re: Greetings From Deep in Heart of a Blue State

Post by LogapBofey »

CW -- Both manual and with a keyboard.

Manually, I am doing my best to maintain 25-30wpm. I am on the air a few times weekly and over a Zoom meeting.

With a Keyboard, I am working on 35-40wpm for contesting (just the minimal exchange to have a little fun with radio contests). I use the keyboard to eliminate sending errors.

Jonas, it took a lot of hours to get where I am, there is no question about that. I have heard about people who could pick up CW easily--I am not one of them. I had to grind, grind, and grind through.

I am really enjoying CW on the air. If anyone is interested in learning, I cannot say enough about the CW Academy from CWOPs.

https://cwops.org/cw-academy/cw-academy-options/

Logap