Checking in from Tennessee

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
tballard
Recruit

Checking in from Tennessee

Post by tballard »

I'm a longtime reader of American Partisan, WRSA and a lot of the other badthink sites. Active on Gab, mainly in SSFK. Been getting ready for the big one - hoping it does not happen, but figuring it is pretty much inevitable at this point. You can never be prepared enough, but I like to think I am in a situation I could at least survive grid down/SHTF since I am big on producing more and more of my own food every year. It would not be pleasant, but we regularly lose power where I am at, especially in the winter and for up to a week a time, so it is good practice to get the process down for cooking on the woodstove, taking care of the animals and just planning through what we would do it if it was a permanent or semi-permanent situation. I think that one-week stint last winter of no power in near-zero temperatures definitely got my wife on board. I'm a big believer in the philosophy that no one is coming to save you - we are all on our own.
Johnny Paratrooper
Hunter of Gunmen

Re: Checking in from Tennessee

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

Welcome.
Get off gab.
It's a honey pot.
As are many other "right wing" websites.
The enemy is not dumb and they created websites and hosts to control the narrative.
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another " Proverbs 27:17

Writer for https://www.americanpartisan.org
Founder of https://www.patreon.com/GreenDragonAcademy

Email Me At "[email protected]"
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

tballard wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:59 am Active on Gab, mainly in SSFK.
What my Fallshirmjaeger friend is trying to say is unless you know how the internet works, you might wanna run far away from that.

This is a caution up front - I have a dim view of much of that corner of the internet and absolutely zero tolerance for their crap. I'm noticing a lot of those turds are floating their way over here today.

So with that said, welcome.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

tballard
Recruit

Post by tballard »

Likely, but I do read a lot of different sites since I do like to get current info. I suppose I'm probably already on multiple lists already, though and no matter how you lock your stuff down, there are still ways they can track you and identify what you are doing, even if you are running something like Tor on Tails through two VPNs. That said, I guarantee the fedbois are taking notes on Gab, but I'd be shocked if they were not on here as well. These are the days we need to be mindful of what we say, even if we think we are among trusted friends. OTOH, if I have to live in fear every time I interact with someone else, then the bastards have already won and I might as well just pack it all in. It's always a balancing act, I guess.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

tballard wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:34 am Likely, but I do read a lot of different sites since I do like to get current info. I suppose I'm probably already on multiple lists already, though and no matter how you lock your stuff down, there are still ways they can track you and identify what you are doing, even if you are running something like Tor on Tails through two VPNs. That said, I guarantee the fedbois are taking notes on Gab, but I'd be shocked if they were not on here as well. These are the days we need to be mindful of what we say, even if we think we are among trusted friends. OTOH, if I have to live in fear every time I interact with someone else, then the bastards have already won and I might as well just pack it all in. It's always a balancing act, I guess.
I don’t care about “feds” so much as Gab is completely full of retards and trouble makers.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

tballard
Recruit

Post by tballard »

Well, that part is true, but so is the internet in general, or the real world for that matter. For instance, we maintain a farm page on Facebook where we sell goats, eggs, honey, etc. I rarely check in on the Facebook main feed, since I am mainly interested in our farm business, but when I do, it is pretty much the same cesspool as anywhere else, but we maintain the page because it is where a lot of our customers are, even though we also have a web site. So, I guess I just tune out most of what is not useful without even really thinking about it anymore. One of my weaknesses is that I like to know what is going on, so I do wander to a lot of different corners of the internet to get different perspectives. I'm not much on echo chambers, although admittedly it is more comfortable to read stuff that affirms what you already believe, but you are going to miss out on a lot that way - maybe even that perfect recipe for sourdough bread I am always looking for - ha ha. So that is why I am here, to get a little information, some different perspective and maybe contribute some thoughts if they are worthwhile.
TrickyRick
Rifleman

Post by TrickyRick »

Johnny Paratrooper wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:24 pm Welcome.
Get off gab.
It's a honey pot.
The enemy is not dumb and they created websites and hosts to control the narrative.
I see that statement often. I'm not saying its not true. But I'd like to see some proof.

I'm on Gab. I practice OpSec. That's all the detail I'm going to provide here. I find it to be the only remaining useful social media platform re current events. I'd like to know the actual risk:reward here before I decide that the only safe option is to forego commo with folks in other parts of the country out of concern. Like it or not, Average Joe is not going to be talking on HF and using trigrams. ;) He does on Gab.

Yes, I know about the hack. And, yes, I've looked at what can be extracted from the Mastodon APIs. I have a zip sitting on my hard drive at this very moment with exactly that information.

Honestly, I'm not sure I even care that much about the Twitter clone for which they are known. Looking down the road a bit I think the risk:reward *may* be there because they are the only organization I know that, at least on the surface, appears to be making genuine efforts to provide services to replace those offered by Tyrant Tech which is known to be founded, financially supported, and operated by caustic subversive elements operating within this country. The alternative services I'm referring to are Gab TV and their pending payment platform.

While I can appreciate the idea of hunkering down and practicing "tactical patience" if we aren't building out anything new and attractive to Average Joe -- my version of "going on the offensive" -- then we are just buying more time until we are extinguished.

FWIW, my gut says indeed Parler, Rumble, Telegram, etc are likely controlled op/honeypot based on what I can see about how the tech is implemented and who is involved as a founder or known board member.

In all sincerity, I very much look forward to seeing what evidence is out there of Gab being a honeypot. If someone has something that is too sensitive to post here you can DM me. I won't break confidence and if I find it compelling I will absolutely come here and say as much.
Johnny Paratrooper
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

TrickyRick wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:58 pm
Johnny Paratrooper wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:24 pm Welcome.
Get off gab.
It's a honey pot.
I see that statement often. I'm not saying its not true. But I'd like to see some proof.

I'm on Gab. I practice OpSec. That's all the detail I'm going to provide here. I find it to be the only remaining useful social media platform re current events. I'd like to know the actual risk:reward here before I decide that the only safe option is to forego commo with folks in other parts of the country out of concern. Like it or not, Average Joe is not going to be talking on HF and using trigrams. ;) He does on Gab.

Yes, I know about the hack. And, yes, I've looked at what can be extracted from the Mastodon APIs. I have a zip sitting on my hard drive at this very moment with exactly that information.

Honestly, I'm not sure I even care that much about the Twitter clone for which they are known. Looking down the road a bit I think the risk:reward *may* be there because they are the only organization I know that, at least on the surface, appears to be making genuine efforts to provide services to replace those offered by Tyrant Tech which is known to be founded, financially supported, and operated by caustic subversive elements operating within this country. The alternative services I'm referring to are Gab TV and their pending payment platform.

While I can appreciate the idea of hunkering down and practicing "tactical patience" if we aren't building out anything new and attractive to Average Joe -- my version of "going on the offensive" -- then we are just buying more time until we are extinguished.

FWIW, my gut says indeed Parler, Rumble, Telegram, etc are likely controlled op/honeypot based on what I can see about how the tech is implemented and who is involved as a founder or known board member.

In all sincerity, I very much look forward to seeing what evidence is out there of Gab being a honeypot. If someone has something that is too sensitive to post here you can DM me. I won't break confidence and if I find it compelling I will absolutely come here and say as much.
https://www.americanpartisan.org/2021/03/20894/
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another " Proverbs 27:17

Writer for https://www.americanpartisan.org
Founder of https://www.patreon.com/GreenDragonAcademy

Email Me At "[email protected]"
TrickyRick
Rifleman

Post by TrickyRick »

What's the operatative bit of new data there? Is that idea that they somehow allowed themseves to be breached? The situation with Fosco was ...sort of dumb... but accidents do happen. Checking credentials into a repo is probably Top 5 for penetration vectors over the last decade. There are commercial and OSS tools that do nothing but look for that sort of thing its so common.

Now if you told me their founders were former Mossad -- I'm looking at you locals.com -- and one of their premiere customers was asking "patriots" to get a barcode to confirm their identity to other Top Secret Super Squirrels -- I'm looking at you American Contingency -- that's some meat to sink my teeth into.