Greetings. I am Looking for a good State or Area to Move to.

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
tarmac82
Recruit

Greetings. I am Looking for a good State or Area to Move to.

Post by tarmac82 »

Hi, I joined because I'm looking to learn more about prepping and survival, and heard a Brush Beater interview, maybe w Mike Adams(?) I can't remember, talking about HAM radio.

I'd love to find some groups ... not sure the best term to use ... people with the same survivalist and liberty values.

I am able to live anywhere. I would like some suggestions. I was thinking Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota. Those seem safe and remote, but I think I'd prefer to be in the thick of it. Would love it if people threw out some ideas. BrushBeater is in NC, I believe. is that a good state to hold up in? Got any good compounds or groups in NC?
harmwulf
Hunter of Gunmen

Re: Greetings. I am Looking for a good State or Area to Move to.

Post by harmwulf »

Just move somewhere where they banned men in dresses from playing on the ladies' softball team. In any rural community, you won't be in the thick of it until you've proven yourself to be solid. The only people that try to immediately get integrated into a group are feds. Not saying this sounds like a fedpost or anything.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
tarmac82
Recruit

Post by tarmac82 »

Gee, thanks for the nice warm welcome. Nice that the infiltrators have convinced everyone that everyone else is a fed. That was their goal.

My point was, I don't want to be 1000 miles away if it kicks off in the populated east.

Whatever dude.
harmwulf
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by harmwulf »

Not trying to put sand up there. You post one thing and it's "where can I find compounds and groups." Sort of like dating, you don't propose marriage five minutes after first meeting.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
ColdSteel1983
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by ColdSteel1983 »

Regarding your post…

Part 1 is fine. Makes sense.

Part 2 is OK, a little unusual at least for this crowd.

Part 3 raises the eyebrows. I had exactly the same thought as HW.

You want to learn, fine. You want to meet some folks and possibly strike up some relationships OK. Jumping right to “where are the compounds and groups” is over the top and off putting if not flat out alarming.

Just my POV. Things take time. Vetting, trust and confidence take time and interaction.

Regards,

Jeff B.
I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

Barry Goldwater
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Post by Badlands Rifleman »

I guess it depends on just how thick you like really. I suppose any of the cities that experienced riots in the last year would be interesting if that’s your objective. I’d stay down south so that you don’t have to worry about the cold as much. Portland should prove to be an interesting place in the coming years. Where are you living currently, Alaska?
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

tarmac82 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 pm Hi, I joined because I'm looking to learn more about prepping and survival, and heard a Brush Beater interview, maybe w Mike Adams(?) I can't remember, talking about HAM radio.

I'd love to find some groups ... not sure the best term to use ... people with the same survivalist and liberty values.

I am able to live anywhere. I would like some suggestions. I was thinking Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota. Those seem safe and remote, but I think I'd prefer to be in the thick of it. Would love it if people threw out some ideas. BrushBeater is in NC, I believe. is that a good state to hold up in? Got any good compounds or groups in NC?
Hey brother and thanks for listening! That was me with Mike, although I've been on a few podcasts and radio shows talking about that. Definitely welcome to the community.

ID, WY, SD...all rough spots for three seasons of the year. I know a lot of people from that region and LOVE going out there to teach, but, there's a reason its sparsely populated. NC is a great spot for pretty much anything and everything on the other hand. You'll find a lot of deeply Patriotic people from literally every walk of life. As for groups, that's more of a local thing and best suited that way but one thing I will note is that going to any of the large number of preparedness gatherings we have will net you a lot of good people. One of the better ones with the Heritage Life Skills fest over in Cullowhee just south of Asheville, and we've got Prepper Camp coming up in September as well.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

tarmac82
Recruit

Post by tarmac82 »

ColdSteel1983 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:43 pm Regarding your post…

Part 1 is fine. Makes sense.

Part 2 is OK, a little unusual at least for this crowd.

Part 3 raises the eyebrows. I had exactly the same thought as HW.

You want to learn, fine. You want to meet some folks and possibly strike up some relationships OK. Jumping right to “where are the compounds and groups” is over the top and off putting if not flat out alarming.

Just my POV. Things take time. Vetting, trust and confidence take time and interaction.

Regards,

Jeff B.
Okay, well, I don't know what you think I'm asking for, but what I want to find is people growing their own food, and awake and aware of the political BS that rolling over the the country. To me, a compound is group of homes protected a little or a lot with geography or fences or whatever. As far as I know that's not illegal. Do you assume I'm asking for a militia group that ready to storm the capitol or something? Since I'm the new guy, maybe I'm just an idiot, and you guys are all paramilitary and that was a stupid question. But I mean, to me, canning a years worth of food, raising chickens, having some group cohesion isn't radical or illegal. I'm in an apartment now and I don't even know one person in the building.
tarmac82
Recruit

Post by tarmac82 »

NC SCOUT wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:48 pm
tarmac82 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 pm One of the better ones with the Heritage Life Skills fest over in Cullowhee just south of Asheville, and we've got Prepper Camp coming up in September as well.
Hey, NC Scout, thank you. That's the kind of thing I was looking for. I'll search for those.
tarmac82
Recruit

Post by tarmac82 »

Badlands Rifleman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:20 pm I guess it depends on just how thick you like really. I suppose any of the cities that experienced riots in the last year would be interesting if that’s your objective.
Weren't most of (all) the riots in democrat cities? I really just don't want to be surrounded by the woke zombies anymore. If conditions get bad I want to be around people that say 'no, not here, fuck that'. Like when BLM said they would invade Coeur D'alene last year, and hundreds of citizens showed up with AR's, and BLM torched NO BUILDINGS that day. Big cities seem mostly woke. Or is that even true out in the rural areas? I don't know what to expect anymore.

Texas has some good qualities, even though Austin and a couple other cities have gone thoroughly blue.