How I pack for The Fieldcraft Course

Black3
Rifleman

Re: How I pack for The Fieldcraft Course

Post by Black3 »

Damnit. Between you and Scout... I ordered one off fleabay.
Live or die, it's how you act today that's gonna matter.
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Post by Badlands Rifleman »

After I saw his I started looking into them. I love how light it is. I also like the smaller details they put into it like the internal compression straps with the wings to compress everything.
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
Black3
Rifleman

Post by Black3 »

I got it. Nice pack, but damn it's busy with all the buckles and zippers. A lot more complicated than good old ALICE but more comfortable too at first blush.
Badlands Rifleman
Rifleman

Post by Badlands Rifleman »

Yeah, there’s a bit more going on there, especially when you’re used to an ALICE. I think they are well thought out though, not a lot of unnecessary straps and buckles.
Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
ken_coleman
Rifleman

Post by ken_coleman »

The CHIEF patrol pack is a great ruck. I paid for mine instead of turning it back in to SPEAR/SSAVIE when I left the military.

I have a PDF of the instruction manual if anyone wants it. Let me know. That thing has more adjustments built into it than many other packs I've used.
"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics."
-Gary Rovarino (LASD - SEB)
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

ken_coleman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm The CHIEF patrol pack is a great ruck. I paid for mine instead of turning it back in to SPEAR/SSAVIE when I left the military.

I have a PDF of the instruction manual if anyone wants it. Let me know. That thing has more adjustments built into it than many other packs I've used.
It really is the best one I've ever used, even superior to the Mystery Ranch rucks the JTACs were getting issued around 2010-2012.
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Black3
Rifleman

Post by Black3 »

ken_coleman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm The CHIEF patrol pack is a great ruck. I paid for mine instead of turning it back in to SPEAR/SSAVIE when I left the military.

Could you post it or PM me with it?
ken_coleman
Rifleman

Post by ken_coleman »

Black3 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Could you post it or PM me with it?
I looked in the PM settings and could not find a way to attach it. If anyone knows how to do it, please educate me, thanks.

The PM settings seem the same as posting this message, so I don't see how to post a message with it attached either. Again, if someone knows, please explain. Thanks.

If you give me a disposable email, I'll send it to you. It is a 3.8 MB PDF file, SHA 256 hash is:

9bf73020a6c1de88c7b78050a52e07d7303513f071eaf9a316f9455fefca8a94

so you know what to expect.
"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics."
-Gary Rovarino (LASD - SEB)