Online from Northeast OH

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
OldTestament
Recruit

Online from Northeast OH

Post by OldTestament »

Long time listener to Radio Contra, first time forum user. I have actually never joined a forum before, i am typically the one in the background who reads and never comments. 2021 is deff going to be the year of getting out of our comfort zones.
I am new to comms and radio, got a strong background in electronics (computers) and cant wait to play around with connecting a Boafeng to my tablet. I wasnt even aware that was possible, but looking into how it works, it makes perfect sense.
vyt1az
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Re: Online from Northeast OH

Post by vyt1az »

OldTestament wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:06 pm Long time listener to Radio Contra, first time forum user. I have actually never joined a forum before, i am typically the one in the background who reads and never comments. 2021 is deff going to be the year of getting out of our comfort zones.
I am new to comms and radio, got a strong background in electronics (computers) and cant wait to play around with connecting a Boafeng to my tablet. I wasnt even aware that was possible, but looking into how it works, it makes perfect sense.
Welcome! Cool username BTW.

Cable: https://baofengtech.com/product/aprs-k1/. Should be available on amazon and other places also.

Software: FLDigi here: http://www.w1hkj.com to use with your preferred device

The RTO course is well worth it to learn how to use this stuff quickly and efficiently.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi
OldTestament
Recruit

Re: Online from Northeast OH

Post by OldTestament »

Thank you!!!!
I sent over an email regarding the upcoming RTO classes, im deff down for both of those just need to get the time off work and the wife's blessing...