New dude from Jan Class

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
MCATMID
Rifleman

New dude from Jan Class

Post by MCATMID »

I need to do a review for the class at some point. I am still processing everything we learned.
I was the bald dude with the hotel cat. Doing the intro thing.
Johnny Paratrooper
Hunter of Gunmen

Re: New dude from Jan Class

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

Welcome.
I'm JP.
Make yourself at home.
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another " Proverbs 27:17

Writer for https://www.americanpartisan.org
Founder of https://www.patreon.com/GreenDragonAcademy

Email Me At "[email protected]"
FloridaMarine
Rifleman

Post by FloridaMarine »

MCATMID wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:11 am I need to do a review for the class at some point. I am still processing everything we learned.
I was the bald dude with the hotel cat. Doing the intro thing.
Well hey. Guessing you will figure out who I was.

FM
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Welcome brother!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

timbersour
Rifleman

Post by timbersour »

Wassup man! Great meeting you down at the class!
MCATMID
Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

Appreciate all the welcomes. I am looking into some needs and then wants for my gear. The SIGINT class really fucking made me look at what I am doing with POTA in a different way. I think I am going to get a good system and do a SIGINT style set up before I start working HF, and might even do some sat work as well.

FloridaMarine - I can't remember how was a marine sorry hahaha.

Timbersour - great meeting you man!
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Welcome from South Jersey! I am pretty rich in skills but am below the poverty line in coms and SIGINT. I have a few baofangs but still don't know much about them. Now that I have most of the other stuff at a somewhat satisfactory level, I really need to start diving into those categories as well as land nav.
MCATMID
Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

LibOrD84 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:31 pm Welcome from South Jersey! I am pretty rich in skills but am below the poverty line in coms and SIGINT. I have a few baofangs but still don't know much about them. Now that I have most of the other stuff at a somewhat satisfactory level, I really need to start diving into those categories as well as land nav.
I can't recommend the class enough, the other thing I will recommend is getting into POTA its called Parks On The Air. Which will help you with learning how to run radios in general. Don't knock Chinese radios, as much as I LOATH Beofangs due to their sometimes being able to break (not all) they are super easy and handy to operate honestly. I might be buying a few just to use as backups, scanning devices and hand offs.
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

MCATMID wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:40 pm
LibOrD84 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:31 pm Welcome from South Jersey! I am pretty rich in skills but am below the poverty line in coms and SIGINT. I have a few baofangs but still don't know much about them. Now that I have most of the other stuff at a somewhat satisfactory level, I really need to start diving into those categories as well as land nav.
I can't recommend the class enough, the other thing I will recommend is getting into POTA its called Parks On The Air. Which will help you with learning how to run radios in general. Don't knock Chinese radios, as much as I LOATH Beofangs due to their sometimes being able to break (not all) they are super easy and handy to operate honestly. I might be buying a few just to use as backups, scanning devices and hand offs.
Thanks bud! I'll definitely look into that. I would love to take one of scouts classes and was hoping to start this year but not sure if that's going to be possible now. Everything got turned upside down for me today thanks to our "governor"...
I was able to take a fighting rifle/pistol class in September that I had registered for before hearing of scout and it was alright, but honestly there was a lot of room for improvement. Only 1 instructor to 25+ students, half of which had never touched a firearm prior, was definitely an issue as well. The instructor was clearly overwhelmed and made some of us feel as though we were robbed because there was a large portion of the class that we never got due to running out of time. All in all it was still informative and a great time. I think we just had a bad group.
MCATMID
Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

I believe and don't quote me we had an NJ guy come down for class I know there is a PA guy that came. I gotta message him he has a little group. That said sometimes students make classes bad. We had an amazing class and I won't talk about bad classes but it's honestly the students.

If money is an issue I get it totally, and yes it is worth it. You can however pay for Patreon on PODBEAM (not Patreon itself). It won't be the same and it isn't as in-depth, but he does go over the basics.

If the distance is an issue two things you will want to do is find an area where the class can be taught, ask him to come out. I drove 20 hours for his class some guys flew in. I bought my buddy's ticket. Of all the classes in the world I would take this is number 2 or 3 on must-have, and it's above every shooting class on the planet.