Newb from NJ

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
rabbitTOT927
Recruit

Re: Newb from NJ

Post by rabbitTOT927 »

Welcome my friend.
"The same ones who sell the panic, sell the cure"
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

MCATMID wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 pm If you get a chance to shop around before you move do so. Frankly, I like NC hate the gun laws on pistols there unless things have changed. The Northern/Western region of all those states are nice, but I am rarely in the state anymore due to work.
Are you saying you hate the pistol laws in NC? Maybe there's something I don't know of there. What don't you like about them?
MCATMID
Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

LibOrD84 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:52 am
MCATMID wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 pm If you get a chance to shop around before you move do so. Frankly, I like NC hate the gun laws on pistols there unless things have changed. The Northern/Western region of all those states are nice, but I am rarely in the state anymore due to work.
Are you saying you hate the pistol laws in NC? Maybe there's something I don't know of there. What don't you like about them?
Last time I checked you have to get a permit for each pistol you buy. It was a relatively simple process before COVID. I was in NC during COVID and it was absolutely insane like 60 day waits. I heard they were trying to get rid of that but who knows.
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

MCATMID wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm
LibOrD84 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:52 am
Last time I checked you have to get a permit for each pistol you buy. It was a relatively simple process before COVID. I was in NC during COVID and it was absolutely insane like 60 day waits. I heard they were trying to get rid of that but who knows.
Yeah we have to get pistol permits here in NJ but didn't know you had to in NC too! Wow. Definitely good to know. During covid in NJ, availability was more of a problem than wait times honestly. I was able to get pistol permits with in 2 weeks which was actually much faster than before. The nics checks are what took so long (about a week). Nics checks ate just about back to normal now from what I'm hearing.
MCATMID
Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

Get your conceal carry in most states and you don't have to wait. You just walk in fill out the 3374 and walk out. Not sure if that bypass works in NC.
Cjcullom
Rifleman

Post by Cjcullom »

Libord84 welcome from across the river. One of my wives is from Jersey and showed me some beautiful places that I did not know about....shocking! Liberty is just across the Delaware so come on. I always planned to go back home as a Southern but as time marches Pa is looking good outside of the cities.
There are a few of us in the Delaware Valley, Lehigh Valley area if you want to get together. Sundays I have a weekly get together if you want to stop by for vittles and some Pat(Patriot) Time. Pm me for more info.
Our area is adding more great people all the time and thats refreshing! Welcome!

R
Cjcullom
Rifleman

Post by Cjcullom »

LibOrD84 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:57 pm Well, looks like Murphey is trying to call my bluff.... he just mandated the shot for us.... I don't know what to do... I am dead set against it, and so is my family, but if I don't do it, I go from having my family set for life, to starting from scratch all over again... Lord give me the strength to make the right decision. Is this the hill I die on? It's not like we couldn't see this coming, but with as bad as staffing is at our prison, I thought for sure he wouldn't push even harder. People are already quitting like crazy as it is. And they can't get anyone to sign up for the job, plus we have over a third of the staff retiring within the next 11 months as it is...
My buddy works for fed gov and they just had a meeting where the vax mandate was rescinded....hold out on the poison shot as long as you can. Leaving Jersey isnt a bad thing and I know a couple guards at Graterford Prison in Montco that I could put you in touch with.

R
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Cjcullom wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:35 pm Libord84 welcome from across the river. One of my wives is from Jersey and showed me some beautiful places that I did not know about....shocking! Liberty is just across the Delaware so come on. I always planned to go back home as a Southern but as time marches Pa is looking good outside of the cities.
There are a few of us in the Delaware Valley, Lehigh Valley area if you want to get together. Sundays I have a weekly get together if you want to stop by for vittles and some Pat(Patriot) Time. Pm me for more info.
Our area is adding more great people all the time and thats refreshing! Welcome!

R
That sounds great man. May have to take you up on that. I will send you a message soon. Sorry I was MIA for a little bit. I have been fighting like hell against this mandate. Organized a protest and made some good relationships with local politicians on our side. Have been able to hp a lot of people and may have actually changed things around. I'm trying to do what scout always says, "be the change you want to see in the world." Too many of us in this country have gotten passified with the thought that we can just sit back and wait for someone else to fix everything. I couldn't do it any longer and it feels amazing. It's also been contagious. Standing up and pushing back has made many others do the same and is bringing us together slowly. Hopefully it continues and we beat this mandate.
Quietus
Rifleman

Post by Quietus »

Welcome from northern Wyoming. Although I was told in '85 by the mayor of Trenton that I was an honorary citizen there, due to my low-level involvement in a likely yearly Saturday cleanup (racket) by Ft Dicks recruits done to a real old graveyard in Trenton.

Keep fighting until they run you off. Don't quit the job. If you quit, your options are less. If there is no sunrise in a can, truth ... may ... just win out, against the jab makers. Hang in.

If you do get run off, you'll have a better life if you move to a more free place immediately, get Jersey out of your head right quick.
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Quietus wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:30 am Welcome from northern Wyoming. Although I was told in '85 by the mayor of Trenton that I was an honorary citizen there, due to my low-level involvement in a likely yearly Saturday cleanup (racket) by Ft Dicks recruits done to a real old graveyard in Trenton.

Keep fighting until they run you off. Don't quit the job. If you quit, your options are less. If there is no sunrise in a can, truth ... may ... just win out, against the jab makers. Hang in.

If you do get run off, you'll have a better life if you move to a more free place immediately, get Jersey out of your head right quick.
That's exactly the plan my friend! Thanks for the encouraging words bud. I have been one of the people leading the charge fighting this mandate for the whole department and it is starting to yield positive results. I'm starting to think we are going to win. Fingers crossed and praying to at least stretch it out for another year and a half. At least then, I can retire early with a %50 pension. If I can make it 6.5 more years I'll get %65 plus Healthcare so that would be ideal. Either way, as soon as I'm don't this job, I'm done with NJ. It's such a shame because geographicly, it's such a great location. No crazy storms (usually), within 2hrs or closer to pretty much any kind of pass time you are into, mild winters, great soil for farming and amazing rural areas. The problem is the financial/political side. The government of NJ has killed this state and made it impossible to stay.