Newb from NJ

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
LibOrD84
Recruit

Newb from NJ

Post by LibOrD84 »

Hello everyone. Born and raised in NJ and can't wait to leave. Have been a corrections officer for 19.5 years and only 6.5 more years to go before I can retire and move south to SC, GA, NC area. I have learned alot in my career as far as detecting threats and how to read people, as well as a pretty decent training program (medical, firearms, etc). Although I love the rural setting of my area of NJ, there's no way I can spend the rest of my days under the terrible leadership that never seems to improve no matter who is in office.
I have been listening to radio contra for a little while now and have learned a ton more than I could ever had expected from just a podcast and can't wait to attend some of training. If I can learn this much from a podcast, I cant imagine how much more I could absorb from an actual class! I always hear on the podcast how great this forum is so I figured it was time to try it out and I look forward to learning from everyone, as well as, contributing in anyway I can. Also, I would love to find more like minded people in my area.
FIREDOC
Rifleman

Re: Newb from NJ

Post by FIREDOC »

Welcome aboard!

South Texas here
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Thanks bud!
LibOrD84
Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Wow, the "NJ" must of scared people... lol. I know there's gotta be more people from the 3rd worst managed state in the country lol.
BelieverPatriot
Rifleman

Post by BelieverPatriot »

Welcome from Louisiana!

Not sure we're gonna make it 6.5 more years
"Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn how to be slow in a hurry" --Wyatt Earp
BelieverPatriot
Rifleman

Post by BelieverPatriot »

Welcome from Louisiana!

Not sure we're gonna make it 6.5 more years...
"Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn how to be slow in a hurry" --Wyatt Earp
plankmember
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

Welcome brother ! you come to the right place....good to link up in case you might want ditch the pension and regroup elsewhere the way things are going 6.5 is a long time...been hanging on for the pension this summer and I wonder if it will last six months....best wishes
  • "You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more responsible" Dr. Thomas Sowell
  • " WHAT WE DO NOW ECHOES IN ETERNITY " - Maximus Decimus Meridius
      LibOrD84
      Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Thanks guys! Yeah I totally agree. Not sure if the pension will be there but thats not the only anchor keeping me here for the 6.5. Just the biggest one.
      Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
      LibOrD84
      Recruit

Post by LibOrD84 »

Well, looks like Murphey is trying to call my bluff.... he just mandated the shot for us.... I don't know what to do... I am dead set against it, and so is my family, but if I don't do it, I go from having my family set for life, to starting from scratch all over again... Lord give me the strength to make the right decision. Is this the hill I die on? It's not like we couldn't see this coming, but with as bad as staffing is at our prison, I thought for sure he wouldn't push even harder. People are already quitting like crazy as it is. And they can't get anyone to sign up for the job, plus we have over a third of the staff retiring within the next 11 months as it is...
      MCATMID
      Rifleman

Post by MCATMID »

If you get a chance to shop around before you move do so. Frankly, I like NC hate the gun laws on pistols there unless things have changed. The Northern/Western region of all those states are nice, but I am rarely in the state anymore due to work.