Greetings from the hills of California

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Roberta
Recruit

Greetings from the hills of California

Post by Roberta »

Yes, California has hills and my husband and I are making our stand here. We have watched everyone else flee for years and always thought that at some point in time, where will you go? We are in our 60's, love America and the US Constitution and will fight for it. We've been preparing to be self sufficient in a grid down situation for about 15 years, way before it was ever popular.

There is always more to learn, I love the podcasts and articles. I'm starting to study to get my HAM Technician class license and have experience with electronics, but have a lot to learn about radio technology.

I'm here to learn, and as Lt Col Dave Grossman taught me, being a warrior is a continuum, just go! Make your habits, free time, and hobbies count toward your warrior goals.
alphabravo36
Rifleman

Re: Greetings from the hills of California

Post by alphabravo36 »

Welcome from N CA
I am about ninety miles North of Sacto. Lots of valuable info here.
AlphaBravo36
Roberta
Recruit

Post by Roberta »

Very cool, I am almost the same distance North East of Sacramento. It's very good to know there are still some of us left in the State. Other than this small town area, I feel as a "pure blood" we are hated by many in this state, the closer I get to cities I see it.
alphabravo36
Rifleman

Post by alphabravo36 »

We might be in repeater range of each other. Do you have any radios yet? PM me and I will give you my phone number. Happy to help you out any way I can.
AlphaBravo36
Roberta
Recruit

Post by Roberta »

I'm not authorized to PM yet, but I'll be active in here and maybe I'll be allowed someday. I just replied with the details of my radios and receiver, but it didn't post for some reason. So, this is a test.
Roberta
Recruit

Post by Roberta »

I probably hit a wrong button on my previous lost reply. Still learning how this all works in here. I have two BAOFENG BF-F8HP's which I haven't even turned on yet, they were given to me, brand new. I have a TECSUN PL-600 Receiver which I haven't been able to hear anything. I have my Technician HAM study guides, I'll have to dig up what channels to listen to. Right now still studying the books and I know not to talk on the radios, but I need to start listening.
plankmember
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

Roberta wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:20 am I probably hit a wrong button on my previous lost reply. Still learning how this all works in here. I have two BAOFENG BF-F8HP's which I haven't even turned on yet, they were given to me, brand new. I have a TECSUN PL-600 Receiver which I haven't been able to hear anything. I have my Technician HAM study guides, I'll have to dig up what channels to listen to. Right now still studying the books and I know not to talk on the radios, but I need to start listening.
Very cool ..keep studying the comms section and hamradiocrashcourse youtube channel for programming repeaters and the tone s and offsets 8-)
  • "You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more responsible" Dr. Thomas Sowell
  • " WHAT WE DO NOW ECHOES IN ETERNITY " - Maximus Decimus Meridius
      alphabravo36
      Rifleman

Post by alphabravo36 »

Check Miklor.com for detailed menu explanations and settings for your BoaFeng . There is also useful info on CHIRP programming software.
      AlphaBravo36
      Roberta
      Recruit

Post by Roberta »

plankmember wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:42 pm
      Very cool ..keep studying the comms section and hamradiocrashcourse youtube channel for programming repeaters and the tone s and offsets 8-)
      Thank you! I will keep studying 📖 🙂 and will check that out.
      Roberta
      Recruit

Post by Roberta »

alphabravo36 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:22 pm Check Miklor.com for detailed menu explanations and settings for your BoaFeng . There is also useful info on CHIRP programming software.
      Thank you!!! I will certainly check that out.