New guy from No WYO

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Mutt
Recruit

New guy from No WYO

Post by Mutt »

New to the forum ---- taken a couple of classes from NC Scout ---- RTO and the combined RTO/Advanced RTO and SigInt ---- excellent training. Kinda old and kinda slow ,,,,, but trying.
Thanks,

Mutt
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Re: New guy from No WYO

Post by NC SCOUT »

Hey brother!!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

Quietus
Rifleman

Post by Quietus »

Welcome to the forum. I live just up the road from you, same county.

Some forum members here do a 7 day/wk rag chew on 3.918.5 at 0645 MDT that you're welcome to join in any time. Lasts about fifteen minutes.
ColdSteel1983
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by ColdSteel1983 »

Welcome!

North Texas here.

Jeff B.
I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

Barry Goldwater
Mutt
Recruit

Post by Mutt »

Quietus wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:23 pm Welcome to the forum. I live just up the road from you, same county.

Some forum members here do a 7 day/wk rag chew on 3.918.5 at 0645 MDT that you're welcome to join in any time. Lasts about fifteen minutes.
Thanks Quietus! Still trying to get my comms un screwed ---- have the radio(s) but the antenna issue is really bugging me ---- live in an apartment building that will not allow anyone on the roof to erect an antenna ---- will have to come up with something that I can use out the window ---- luckily I'm on the top (3rd) floor so I may be able to come up with something ----- was looking at a book I got from Scout on SOF clandestine antenna's ---- will continue to persevere ---- thanks for the welcome.
Mutt
Recruit

Post by Mutt »

NC SCOUT wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 amHey brother!!
Thanks Scout ----
plankmember
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

Mutt wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:32 pm New to the forum ---- taken a couple of classes from NC Scout ---- RTO and the combined RTO/Advanced RTO and SigInt ---- excellent training. Kinda old and kinda slow ,,,,, but trying.
Thanks,

Mutt
Welcome neighbor !....over the border in western colorado, your lucky to have been able to get to that trifecta of comms classes $ too tight but old guy here teaching comms for my AO....slowly but surely / squirrely !
  • "You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more responsible" Dr. Thomas Sowell
  • " WHAT WE DO NOW ECHOES IN ETERNITY " - Maximus Decimus Meridius
      Mutt
      Recruit

Post by Mutt »

ColdSteel1983 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:46 pm Welcome!

North Texas here.

Jeff B.
      Thanks for the welcome aboard, Cold Steel ----- born and raised just north of you in south central OK many, many years ago ----- a brother lives just south of you. Always liked the no. TX area ----- while I live in no WYO,,,,, I will drive for days to make to the panhandle of TX and west TX ---- really pretty country for my tastes ----- thanks again!!
      Mutt
      Recruit

Post by Mutt »

plankmember wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:05 pm
      Mutt wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:32 pm New to the forum ---- taken a couple of classes from NC Scout ---- RTO and the combined RTO/Advanced RTO and SigInt ---- excellent training. Kinda old and kinda slow ,,,,, but trying.
      Thanks,

Mutt
      Welcome neighbor !....over the border in western colorado, your lucky to have been able to get to that trifecta of comms classes $ too tight but old guy here teaching comms for my AO....slowly but surely / squirrely !
      Thanks!!! Yep,,,, spent a lot of time in CO ---- mostly the DEN area ,,,, seen a lot of change over the years. Thanks for the "shout out" ---- appreciate it!
      Quietus
      Rifleman

Post by Quietus »

[quote=Mutt Still trying to get my comms un screwed ---- have the radio(s) but the antenna issue is really bugging me ---- live in an apartment building that will not allow anyone on the roof to erect an antenna ---- will have to come up with something that I can use out the window ---- luckily I'm on the top (3rd) floor so I may be able to come up with something ----
      [/quote]

MFJ (More Freakin' Junk) out of MS may be able to provide an OTS solution for out the window HF. Or you may be able to string wire inside, might need loading coils for that.

There is a local 2m net on 147.255 on Wednesdays at 2000 MDT. It uses a repeater but you likely can do all right on simplex with an improved antenna on an HT. Short net, just roll call and comments later.

I went to the Crowheart classes same time as you. Another classmate who came in from the far SE is on this forum. Another, from Texas and who sat in the front row, has gone silent key.