Howdy from West KY

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Mikey
Recruit

Howdy from West KY

Post by Mikey »

Hi, folks. Wandered in from a link on a post at American Partisan and figured I'd sign up. You had me at protonmail account required... heh. My Bug-In HQ is in the "Kentucky Island"; the area bordered by the Mississippi, Ohio, and Tennessee Rivers. Not to be confused with Kentucky Bend which would be an AWESOME place to hole up.

A little (but not too much) about me: I'm an 8-year navy veteran (corpsman). Spent about half that time wearing camo. Spent some quality time with the 1st Marine Division, 1st Tank Battalion before their move from Camp Pendleton to Twentynine Palms. RIP, 1st Tanks as the USMC decided to drop its heavy armor and decommissioned the armored battalions earlier this year; a big mistake in my opinion but time will tell. Worked with some vascular surgeons after getting out. Got tired of being on call all the damn time and changed careers. Got an EE degree, started out as a broadcast engineer at a TV station but that's kind of evolved into just maintaining a working TV studio, cable channel, and fixing what the monkeys break. No longer a TV station but still working in... enemy territory, basically, and doing my best to emulate Claire's Freedom Outlaw.

I live in a pretty decent spot for hunkering down. Good amount of land, a dead end road, large lake and about five hundred acres of public land bordering my property and area. Some like-minded neighbors and a few more unknowns nearby. Anything else and I'd be violating the first rule of prep-club.

Look forward to reading what's here. Might not post too often but we'll see.