I. Am. Florida. Man.

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
Gatorcaver
Recruit

I. Am. Florida. Man.

Post by Gatorcaver »

Read the thread title with the Black Sabbath intro playing in the background.

Older fella here (49) and my username comes from my younger days of caving and cave diving. Now I just wanna be left alone but these MFers in .gov won't let me.

I first heard of this place from WRSA, and a recent post about survival food using LDS protocols intrigued me.

Still not ready for spicy time, and I don't think I ever truly will be. But, it's coming regardless; so I'll just endeavor to persevere.

USA 11m 1991-1994
Johnny Paratrooper
Hunter of Gunmen

Re: I. Am. Florida. Man.

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

Welcome Heavy Weapons Brother!
Make yourself at home.
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another " Proverbs 27:17

Writer for https://www.americanpartisan.org
Founder of https://www.patreon.com/GreenDragonAcademy

Email Me At "[email protected]"
vyt1az
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by vyt1az »

This may be the best intro title ever.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi
Mags
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by Mags »

vyt1az wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:03 am This may be the best intro title ever.
I wish I could steal this intro. So awesome.
mepps1

Post by mepps1 »

Florida Man has all the fun. That guy is in the headlines every day.

Diving is cool. Caving is cool. Cave diving is for psychos with disposable income. :)
Gatorcaver
Recruit

Post by Gatorcaver »

mepps1 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:37 am Florida Man has all the fun. That guy is in the headlines every day.

Diving is cool. Caving is cool. Cave diving is for psychos with disposable income. :)
Yeah, the sport will do irreparable harm to a bank account, that's for sure. I had to stop doing it because I found myself taking unnecessary risks. You don't hear about cave diving rescues much, only recoveries.

This is me filming from a long time ago:
https://vimeo.com/56730110

Now I do safe stuff like shoot, move, communicate.
NC SCOUT
Site Admin

Post by NC SCOUT »

Welcome Flo Rida!
Appalachistani Warlord

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushbeater Training Calendar

mepps1

Post by mepps1 »

Gatorcaver wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:12 pm
mepps1 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:37 am Florida Man has all the fun. That guy is in the headlines every day.

Yeah, the sport will do irreparable harm to a bank account, that's for sure. I had to stop doing it because I found myself taking unnecessary risks. You don't hear about cave diving rescues much, only recoveries.

Cool stuff on the vid. Any experienced cave diver who managed to never turn his carcass into a difficult recovery has my respect. It's very much not an "Oops! Well, that'll prolly be OK." sorta thing.
FloridaMarine
Rifleman

Post by FloridaMarine »

Gatorcaver wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Had a friend die cave diving, he had just come back from Haiti when things were acting up there in the mid 90's, think it was Thunder Hole? Been so long, I forget. He went to his 02 bottle too deep and toxed, locked his hand on the scooter trigger and broke his neck hitting the top of the cave. Gruesome stuff, and his dad was with him. We called him Snuffy, he was a MECEP at UF when I was there, dude was molded to be a Marine Grunt, was a total stud.

I was into tech diving back in the day, but that was all deep salt stuff wrecks. We were playing with Trimix and doing some stuff in the 240' range before I started to get hits elbow, spine, knees...turned out I have a PFO and bubbles were shunting to my arterial side and giving me elbow and spine hits...so, that ended, which sucked because I really enjoyed the deep stuff. We were all doing the DIR stuff that George and Jarred were using for their WKPP stuff.

I am up the road in North FL, right on the GA border.
Roberta
Recruit

Post by Roberta »

Welcome Gatorcaver!

I'm not sure we'll ever be 100% ready, but it's important to be as ready as possible, continuing, always. I got you beat, I'm 60, and I believe we are never too old to be our best, as fit as possible, and ready to fight in our own way.

Merry Christmas and God Bless and I'm glad you found your way here!

Roberta