Hello from Montana

Introduce yourself. ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL REPORT IN.
BavinckAtWar
Recruit

Hello from Montana

Post by BavinckAtWar »

Hello all,

I'm a Christian (Reformed) husband and father who is worried about where the world is going. I was reading Bracken and BTP almost 20yrs ago and recently came across American Partisan in the last few years. I'm continually impressed by the content and the clarity with which you all write.

I know I have a lot to learn. I expect I'll spend most of my time reading.

Thank you all.
Johnny Paratrooper
Hunter of Gunmen

Re: Hello from Montana

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

Welcome Brother. Make yourself at home.
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another " Proverbs 27:17

Writer for https://www.americanpartisan.org
Founder of https://www.patreon.com/GreenDragonAcademy

Email Me At "[email protected]"
plankmember
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by plankmember »

Good to hear from ya Brother welcome from the southern end of the Redoubt High in western Colorado
  • "You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more responsible" Dr. Thomas Sowell
  • " WHAT WE DO NOW ECHOES IN ETERNITY " - Maximus Decimus Meridius
      Badlands Rifleman
      Rifleman

Post by Badlands Rifleman »

Welcome fellow Montanan, what region are you from? I’m down in Custer Country
      Owner of Badlands Fieldcraft LLC, instructor of the Fieldcraft Course, and writer of the Badlands Fieldcraft blog.
      Quietus
      Rifleman

Post by Quietus »

And I might be sorta close here in far north WY.

Welcome.
      BavinckAtWar
      Recruit

Post by BavinckAtWar »

Badlands Rifleman wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:54 pm Welcome fellow Montanan, what region are you from? I’m down in Custer Country
      Yellowstone County. Not too hard to figure out where from that clue :lol:

Sorry. I was thinking I'd get a notification when this was responded to. I didn't mean to fall off.

Glad there are a few of us out here!
      Hootch
      Rifleman

Post by Hootch »

Welcome from Ravalli County.
      Quietus
      Rifleman

Post by Quietus »

Do you do HF radio? There's a group that pretty much reliably BSs at 0645 MDT, daily. Details are 'way down the board, in a sub-section listing regional networks. "Northwest, Redoubt and PNW" is the one.
      BavinckAtWar
      Recruit

Post by BavinckAtWar »

Quietus wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:25 pm Do you do HF radio? There's a group that pretty much reliably BSs at 0645 MDT, daily. Details are 'way down the board, in a sub-section listing regional networks. "Northwest, Redoubt and PNW" is the one.
      I don't! I need to though. There's just an ever-growing list of things I need to do. I was thinking it would be wise to my Tech license at the very least, but it seems that HF is where it's at. I'll have to see when the next test is. I'm a good test-taker and work best with a deadline. Thanks for letting me know there could be some useful connections to be made!
      Quietus
      Rifleman

Post by Quietus »

Yeah there is useful connections to be made.

FCC license testing is done upstairs in the First Interstate Bank building in your AO, or at least it was done there in 2011 when I went up there in the dark with a real strong coffee buzz after just finishing my 25th online General test. Cramming tests online is easy, numerous free sites, eham.net was where I crammed mine. Do not go to a testing session being not ready to take two tests and come out with a General ticket. There is about a 40% knowledge overlap in the testing between Tech and General. That makes General, and its greatly enhanced privileges, close to a gimme for the same cost.

I'll help you out on that route as I can. Get your post count up above 10 posts and this can be started via PM here.

There is a bunch of old timers up your way who can help you out with getting into used equipment. The knowledge for setting that shit up, is below on this site. Go simple, do it yourself.