Online store

harmwulf
Hunter of Gunmen

Re: Online store

Post by harmwulf »

RobotNixon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:40 pm Are over-the-counter antibiotics a thing? I don't think I've ever seen anything ending in "cillin" the local pharmacy that didn't require a script, closest is the NEOSPORIN® type ointments for minor scrapes and burns, but it may have just been a matter of not knowing what to look for.
Fish antibiotics are pretty much the same as human with same dosages. And can be bought over the internet. Check out the Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings book.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
alphabravo36
Rifleman

Post by alphabravo36 »

Ammo and guns?
AlphaBravo36
RobotNixon
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by RobotNixon »

harmwulf wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 pm Fish antibiotics are pretty much the same as human with same dosages. And can be bought over the internet. Check out the Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings book.
Right on. I was never sure if that was a legit thing or just an urban legend. Having a source to back that up makes me think it would be worth stocking up on some, especially since I recently started a desktop aquaponics setup.
harmwulf
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by harmwulf »

RobotNixon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 pm
harmwulf wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 pm Fish antibiotics are pretty much the same as human with same dosages. And can be bought over the internet. Check out the Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings book.
Right on. I was never sure if that was a legit thing or just an urban legend. Having a source to back that up makes me think it would be worth stocking up on some, especially since I recently started a desktop aquaponics setup.
Yeah man, definitely suggest picking the book up and reading it. There are different antibiotics for different problems and some are not suitable for children or pregnant women. Some of them can be quite pricey, so it helps to know how best to spend your money to cover the most bases.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
RobotNixon

Post by RobotNixon »

harmwulf wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 pm Yeah man, definitely suggest picking the book up and reading it. There are different antibiotics for different problems and some are not suitable for children or pregnant women. Some of them can be quite pricey, so it helps to know how best to spend your money to cover the most bases.
Greatly appreciated! Will definitely get a copy.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Any questions hit me up
Last edited by Snake on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trapper
Rifleman

Post by trapper »

When I was young n dumber I used to use LA 200 or penicillin, injectable, when I had a bad cutie puncture. Figured it worked for hogs n cattle... Any thoughts??
(That LA did burn a bit for a few hours tho)

Had a neighbor who used tobacco leaf n wrap it into cuts, green preferred but dried worked. Never had any trouble with infection
Wyogrunt
Rifleman

Post by Wyogrunt »

IV giving sets, everything needed to push fluids. Getting IV bags without an rx is it possible?
Ride for the brand
Black3
Rifleman

Post by Black3 »

IFAK refill kit
Live or die, it's how you act today that's gonna matter.
RobotNixon

Post by RobotNixon »

Not sure how long it will be until these are commercially available, how ridiculously expensive they will be, or if there will be any kind of red tape surrounding procurement, but it would be really cool if you could be one of the first guys on our side to start stocking these:

https://www.channel3000.com/uw-madison- ... d-healing/
https://www.medicaldesignandoutsourcing ... in-wounds/