Jäger Course Concept

EchoCharlie07
Recruit

Re: Jäger Course Concept

Post by EchoCharlie07 »

I like it, not sure if I could make it through it, but I like it.
-- "In God we trust, All others we monitor."
Signals Intelligence means reading another person's mail without them knowing.
Johnny Paratrooper
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

5 days is a long time. But, those are some series subjects. Perhaps this should be broken into a Phase 1 and Phase 2 for two three day courses.
Too dumb to quit, too smart to surrender
Black3
Rifleman

Post by Black3 »

As far as ammo goes, any thoughts on using .22lr conversions/kits instead of full size ammo? Idk if that would be feasible but it might help.
Mike
Rifleman

Post by Mike »

Black3 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 pm As far as ammo goes, any thoughts on using .22lr conversions/kits instead of full size ammo? Idk if that would be feasible but it might help.
The shooting portion of the course would be pushing out to a few hundred yards, so .22lr is not ideal if you want to know what you and your rifle can do at those distances. This would be a very low round count anyway (about 100), the rest of the class would involve force-on-force with airsoft rifles.
Semper Paratus, Semper Discens, Semper Fidelis,

Mike
Owner, Von Steuben Training & Consulting

"Schweiß spart blut"
harmwulf
Rifleman

Post by harmwulf »

Mike wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:34 am
Black3 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 pm As far as ammo goes, any thoughts on using .22lr conversions/kits instead of full size ammo? Idk if that would be feasible but it might help.
The shooting portion of the course would be pushing out to a few hundred yards, so .22lr is not ideal if you want to know what you and your rifle can do at those distances. This would be a very low round count anyway (about 100), the rest of the class would involve force-on-force with airsoft rifles.
Ammo is coming down anyways. Airsoft is a good choice, I've been looking at getting one. Simunitions would be ideal but us hoi poloi don't have the budget of leviathan.
"Cannibals prefer those who have no spines" -Stanislaw Lem
DirtNasty
Rifleman

Post by DirtNasty »

Johnny Paratrooper wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:38 pm 5 days is a long time. But, those are some series subjects. Perhaps this should be broken into a Phase 1 and Phase 2 for two three day courses.
? Me personally I am attracted to longer training courses, there is something to be learned from living from a pack 2 days versus 5 or more? I guess the way I see it if I am going to drive 12+ hours to train I want to get as much training done before I am forced to go home? Feeling hungry, tired and thirsty for me was a life lesson and I want to taste it again.

Also a lot of training seems casual? Although I would never follow someone who screams at me and treats me like crap, I want to be pushed and really know Gurellia life before I have to taste it? I say keep the 5 or more days.
Johnny Paratrooper
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

DirtNasty wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:15 am
Johnny Paratrooper wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:38 pm 5 days is a long time. But, those are some series subjects. Perhaps this should be broken into a Phase 1 and Phase 2 for two three day courses.
? Me personally I am attracted to longer training courses, there is something to be learned from living from a pack 2 days versus 5 or more? I guess the way I see it if I am going to drive 12+ hours to train I want to get as much training done before I am forced to go home? Feeling hungry, tired and thirsty for me was a life lesson and I want to taste it again.

Also a lot of training seems casual? Although I would never follow someone who screams at me and treats me like crap, I want to be pushed and really know Gurellia life before I have to taste it? I say keep the 5 or more days.
That's a good point. Plus, some people get 30 days off a year. So 5 days, plus the usual weekend, isn't too bad really...
Too dumb to quit, too smart to surrender
NC Sheepdog
Recruit

Post by NC Sheepdog »

Why not start out with a 3 day course (101) then an add on (201) type of idea with the 3day as a prerequisite? That way it could be split up and those who can’t commit to a 4-5 day course because of jobs/family would be able to do the course a little easier.
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.