Brus beater chest rig

Hawkeye
Rifleman

Re: Brus beater chest rig

Post by Hawkeye »

rdglide1450 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:04 am Yes, I picked it up at a surplus store.
Yeah, that puts things a lot lower.
Johnny Paratrooper
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

Hawkeye's UW gear is freaking great. I tested his Swamp Fox rig at an NC Scout's AK training course. It's excellent kit. Light, strong, and fitted just right.
"As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another " Proverbs 27:17

Writer for https://www.americanpartisan.org
Founder of https://www.patreon.com/GreenDragonAcademy

Email Me At "[email protected]"
SharpsShtr
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by SharpsShtr »

I have one of his split front chest rigs, it's an outstanding piece of gear. Beats the tar out of the FLC in my opinion.

Matt
Mission, Men, Self.
MikeJ
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by MikeJ »

SharpsShtr wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 am I have one of his split front chest rigs, it's an outstanding piece of gear. Beats the tar out of the FLC in my opinion.

Matt
I think that would depend upon how much you want to carry, and what the mission at hand is. I like both the chest rig and the FLC, and have both set up. I have two TacTailor chest rigs, and and three MilSpec FLC's set up for three different weapons platforms, .308, 7.62x39, and 5.56. The only difference in the three are the magazine pouches. Everything else is set up exactly the same way. The chest rigs are set up for 5.56 at this time.

I leave the front center of the FLC uncluttered by anything so as to be able to go prone easily, but the FLC allows me to carry two 1Q canteens, a butt pack, an IFAK, a knife, a compass/pace counter, and a radio. I can ignore the center zipper and use the fastex buckles on the FLC to allow it to open it up should I need to, or keep it zipped. It allows me to carry the requisite amount of kit for a more sustained op than a chest rig. The FLC seems to distribute the weight pretty well. Mine weighs in at 36# with six loaded mags, 2 full canteens with cup/stove/fire kit/trioxane/water purification tabs, rain poncho, poncho liner, four freeze dried meals, IFAK, compass, Ka-Bar, and a BF1701. The weapons weigh in with a loaded 30 rd mag (actually 29) at 9.5# for the AR, 9.5# for AK, and 11# for the M1A. Say 45# all up on average.

The chest rigs that I have are more oriented to the "grab and go" type scenario. To do a more extensive op with a chest rig, I have found that it requires a belt system. I dislike belts as they place a good portion of the weight on the hips, which is uncomfortable to me without some type of suspenders to place weight on the shoulders as well. If I'm going to do that, then the FLC makes more sense-to me.

I have been wearing both rigs over the last few months around my property, and have found that both have their place. The chest rig by itself is orders of magnitude more comfortable than the FLC, but it will not carry the same amount of kit on its own. The FLC is less comfortable, but it does allow for a one to two day op. Different systems for different operations. Just my opinion based upon having used both. YMMV.
SharpsShtr
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by SharpsShtr »

I run a belt with suspenders under the chest rigs, which is where I carry all that other stuff. It gives me the option of wearing one, the other, or both depending on the situation.

Matt
Mission, Men, Self.
MikeJ
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by MikeJ »

If you don't mind the question, how is the kit distributed on the belt, vs. what is on the chest rig?
FlyBy
Rifleman

Post by FlyBy »

MikeJ wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm If you don't mind the question, how is the kit distributed on the belt, vs. what is on the chest rig?
The Brushbeater rig has 4 pouches which hold 2 mags each and has 2 rows of molle on each side for an additional pouch of choice. Hence the limitation if you will. Any additional equipment must be carried on a belt and/or a patrol pack, depending upon how you are setup. Like SharpShooter, I run an older web belt with butt pack/suspenders, canteens, pistol, knife and a few other goodies under my chest rig. It allows me to go over night (possibly 2) without carrying a back pack/patrol pack.
VINCE AUT MORIRE

I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions
MikeJ
Hunter of Gunmen

Post by MikeJ »

Thanks. From the description it sounds like the USMC 782 rig without the mag pouches, and using the chest rig for the ammo.
FlyBy
Rifleman

Post by FlyBy »

MikeJ wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:06 pm Thanks. From the description it sounds like the USMC 782 rig without the mag pouches, and using the chest rig for the ammo.
Yep. That's it.
VINCE AUT MORIRE

I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions
rdglide1450
Rifleman

Post by rdglide1450 »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:06 pm The Brushbeater version of my Swampfox rig just has 4 double mag pouches instead of 4 single mag pouches. I don't have them listed on the website. They are by special order. Just email me at [email protected] in you're interested in one.
I Know you're busy, but wanted to try another avenue of approach. I emailed you a couple of weeks ago and haven't received a response.

Thanks