Thoughts on what classes to schedule

Mason Dixon Tactical
Recruit

Thoughts on what classes to schedule

Post by Mason Dixon Tactical »

I'm looking at scheduling some classes for the rest of the year (at least through late August), and would like feedback on what courses you guys think are on your "Priorities" list. I have the "Survival Essentials Course" (SEC) which is a wilderness survival course and only addresses those concerns. My most popular course since I started MDT in 2010, has been the "Rural Buddy Team Essentials Course" (RBTEC), which is designed to address concerns for the individual or buddy team in a non permissive, combat environment. My last class that is on the roster would be the "Rural Team Tactics Course" (RTTC), and it mirrors the RBTEC, but at the 4 to 6 man level. What do you guys think should be my priorities in scheduling?
John Claye
Rifleman

Re: Thoughts on what classes to schedule

Post by John Claye »

I have been eying your RBTEC for a while. For me, anything that gives me skills to operate in a partisan / wrol environment is a bonus.

Let me ask you this: How quickly does each class fill up? That alone should be your marker to add more.

Hopefully I'll get up there for a weekend before too long.
It could be that my life is meant to serve as a warning to others.
jagoodwin511
Recruit

Post by jagoodwin511 »

I'm interested in buddy training but unfortunately I don't have a buddy to train with right now
Mason Dixon Tactical
Recruit

"Let me ask you this: How quickly does each class fill up? That alone should be your marker to add more."
Honestly, it depends on the class and time of the year. Of late I've only scheduled classes when interest is shown by at least two people.
Snake
Rifleman

Post by Snake »

Either one, depending on time of year I would try to fit it in. If time was an issue, even if you had to break it down, a day of good instruction. Would be worth the trip.
Red01
Rifleman

Post by Red01 »

Do you have a breakdown on what classes you offer? I checked your website but didn’t see one.

I would be interested depending on what class and where it’s at. Unfortunately I’m a Team Of One so that kinda knocks me out of Buddy or Team
MadmanActual
Rifleman

Post by MadmanActual »

I'm in the Mason Dixon area for the rest of the construction year. I have access to a few radios and a rifle kit that needs some sweat stains and dirt. Whatever you feel like instructing, I'm down. I could use some small unit movements/tactics and I'm always down to just talk shop over a beverage of what ever alcohol content you're comfortable with.

I'm getting to know the region well and I suspect there's a lot more local guys on here than I see participating. The grapevine says PA is loaded with crews, MAGS, militias, or whatever tag they designated for themselves. Hopefully we can get a solid group together soon. I believe Johnny Paratrooper isn't far unless he is only originally from "Bodymore" as a finely painted overpass displayed.
Too dumb to quit, too smart to surrender
Johnny Paratrooper
Professionally Instructed Gunman

Post by Johnny Paratrooper »

MadmanActual wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:13 pm I'm in the Mason Dixon area for the rest of the construction year. I have access to a few radios and a rifle kit that needs some sweat stains and dirt. Whatever you feel like instructing, I'm down. I could use some small unit movements/tactics and I'm always down to just talk shop over a beverage of what ever alcohol content you're comfortable with.

I'm getting to know the region well and I suspect there's a lot more local guys on here than I see participating. The grapevine says PA is loaded with crews, MAGS, militias, or whatever tag they designated for themselves. Hopefully we can get a solid group together soon. I believe Johnny Paratrooper isn't far unless he is only originally from "Bodymore" as a finely painted overpass displayed.
I’m in the area. Let’s plan a shoot and scoot weekend. I recommend we skip the Boyscout basics and run AIT light. AIT is Advanced Infantry Training. Light would imply there is less yelling and more beers
Too dumb to quit, too smart to surrender
Snake
Rifleman

Post by Snake »

That sounds like a fine idea
Mason Dixon Tactical
Recruit

Since I have a little Girl due around Sept. 11th, the earliest I will be available for a class, if there's no complications, is October. I've actually spoken to a group about doing one at Echo Valley Training Center at that time, and can keep you in the loop on how it progresses.